Problems With Pockit Pre Payment Debit Card Company.

REDDRAGON
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a pre payment debit card with a company called Pockit. Two weeks ago I received an e mail from them stating that my account was blocked subject to them doing a review and requiring verification on the account.

They asked for copies of passport with pic of me holding it and copies of utility bills, and also where I get my money from?.

I e mailed them back and told them that I would not be sending them that information as that would leave me open to identity fraud. They did not require any of this information when I applied for the card and as such I feel that they do not require it now.

I must state that in the two years that I have had this card this is the second review I have had from them. Last time they did not ask for as much information, and last time I told them the same thing I would not supply the info they wanted as I felt it wasn't required. In the end after around four weeks and threats of court action they lifted the block.

Looking at their web site I see that there are numerous complaints about their actions, they seem to conduct reviews only when there is funds on the cards and not when there is a zero balance. They encourage people to deposit wages and benefits onto their cards and then block them from getting access to their funds with no warning. 

Additional, I have a secondary card with them that I applied for a friend so that I could send funds to her when needed. They have also blocked that account with funds on the card.

Other than threaten court action again, is there anything else I can do to get them to lift the block and allow me access to my funds?.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority as an Authorised Electronic Money Institution (Firm Reference Number: 900051).

Inform the Regulator and register a complaint.

https://app.pockit.com/policies/terms

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

check they've not dumped a CIFAS marker on your credit file too!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

10 minutes ago, dx100uk said:

check they've not dumped a CIFAS marker on your credit file too!!

You cant see CIFAS for something like Cat 4 / Cat 6 Markers etc. on a CRA.

What transfers in / out have you had recently? 

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/feb/22/banks-de-risk-money-laundering-closed-accounts

There are other reports of people being asked for proof of income or ID for a variety of reasons.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The only thing I use the card for is to transfer funds to a additional card that I have.

I took out an additional card for a relative that lives in Poland. Every few months her company sends her to the UK to work, and while she is here she stays with me. I thought at the time it would be a good idea to get a card for her while she is here and if needed to send money to her when at home.

Pockit were fully aware of all this when I applied for an additional card.

She  purchased some land in Poland along with her husband to build a house. I agreed to help them with funds and occasionally send her two to four hundred pounds. It's money that comes straight from my bank account onto my card, then transferred onto her card for her to use.

This happens around every three to four months or so. So not an every day thing.

She currently has £400 on her card that is blocked and I have £200 on mine.