Cancelled BT within 14 days but they wont leave me alone.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't know if I have already pointed out to you that BT are excellent at chasing debts or imaginary debts – far better than they are at providing communication services.

If I haven't pointed it out to you – well you know now.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BT are sending a final confirmation bill via email and written letter confirming 0 is owed, and are offering £50 compensation. Based on what I have experienced I have no way of knowing if this will end as i have been told I owe nothing and records will be updated many times.

Here is the email .... the "reasons" I gave her were the same list of events posted here earlier......

The copy invoice will be different as you will see the bill reference is F which means a final bill, you will then see a credit note for the same balance reducing this down to 0. This is what I can email you in a zipped file if you will be able to open this so you can see this sooner,

Unfortunately for the reasons you have put below you cannot claim compensation for this and anything offered would be goodwill. As you do not have any services with us I cannot offer you anything in relation to your rental. I can offer you a goodwill credit of £50 which I will refund but I cannot offer anything other than this,

Let me know how you would like to proceed,

Kind Regards,

Sharyn
Glasgow Billing Complaints
Business Customer Support Advisor

It's up to you whether you want to accept this compensation. If you do accept it then presumably it will bring everything to an end – assuming that they are as good as their word. On the other hand, it may all start up again.

You haven't actually told us what your losses all inconvenience have been. Also, we don't know if this is impacted on your credit file and we don't know who else they have shared the data with.

They have certainly instructed a debt collector or they had sold the debt on – and frankly I think you need to know more about this before making a decision.

If they have shared your data with the debt collection agency then quite frankly you want it all removed and I think it is worth a lot more than 50 quid.

It's up to you. Maybe you just prefer to get on with your business and have a quiet life – and I don't blame you. On the other hand may be you want to take some trouble and get more and it could be worth a couple of hundred quid – but it might take a lot of persistence to get this.

Certainly 50 quid voluntary compensation doesn't really do anything to teach them a lesson.

I think you have to let us know what you want to do. You could wait until the return date of the SAR to see what they are holding on you.

On 12/05/2020 at 15:16, BankFodder said:

You haven't actually told us what your losses all inconvenience have been. Also, we don't know if this is impacted on your credit file and we don't know who else they have shared the data with.

Yes I posted a list of events and mentioned earlier this is the only means I have to demonstrate my losses, I also pointed out I have no broadband downtime.

I also responded I had checked my credit file and it was Excellent as a score but Experian offer no other information on any events.  

So the SAR I sent should answer the last question by the time its 30days is up? 

email sent.....

I have had a letter that you have sent this to a debt collection agency, I understand you were not entitled to do this. I have sent a SAR to the billing team recorded to see exactly who my information was shared with. I will be seeking substantially more than the goodwill credit you have offered if this has been handed to a DCA. I will await the outcome of the SAR at this point but you can of course offer a better settlement and any other information regarding the DCA on return of this email the involvement of a DCA would change this scenario substantially.

You have to understand I have been told this has been settled many times but it has not, in that instance you must see the list of events I sent you and realise telling me anything now is hard to accept as truthful or will be realised.

I have started the process for a legal claim against BT it would take something solid and trustworthy to stop this now.  

Response........

The account has not went to our debt collection team,

I am sorry you are not happy with the offer made. I have discussed your case with my supervisor and they have agreed that they can increase the offer to £100.

If you still do not want to accept this offer then unfortunately this means we have reached 'deadlock'. This means that we have been unable to come to a resolution and we would issue you a letter maintaining BT's final position. The next step would then be for you to take your complaint out with of BT and your complaint with us will be closed,

Let me know how you would like to proceed,