VAX carpet cleaner

andrewedmondson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1497 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a VAX carpet cleaner from ARGOS to use at my mother's house. She has dementia and is incontinent.

I had many problems with it but the main one was burning out its rubber drive belts. I went through 3 belts and the resulting damaged carpet before asking VAX for a replacement.

They compensated me £50 for the damaged carpet, sent a replacement roller and eventually replaced the entire machine just before the warranty expired.

To my amazement, the new machine promptly burnt out another 3 rubber drive belts. At this point, I decided that there must be a design fault. In any case, the machine was not reliable.

During most of this period I relied on a my own Bex Bissell cleaner, which is a similar price to the VAX and has worked faultlessly for 20 times the use I had from the VAX machines.

I contacted ARGOS and requested a refund of the VAX purchase price and the price of the 4 replacement drive belts. They said they needed an independent report to show there was a fault with the machine. I asked them where I could obtain such a report. They suggested the high street. I could not find anywhere that would make a report on a carpet cleaner. TVs, fridge-freezers, no problem though. ARGOS then suggested I get an independent report from VAX!

I have now started an online small claims, using mediation. The ARGOS solicitor is relying on the lack of an independent report. I explained that I could not find anyone to provide a report but also that no company is going to state that there is a design fault. How could they know?

I have photos, emails, transcripts of online chats and presumably ARGOS have recordings of their inept telephone calls (though they have not given them to me).

Any ideas?

you should of held back on issuing the claim until you had the required info.

you say vax replaced the machine?

did you send the faulty one back?

did they and how did they conclude it was faulty?

they must have agreed it was faulty to replace it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Also you haven't given us any information about the timeline.

When did you purchase the machine? When did they replace it? How soon after you receive the new one did that start to go wrong?

urm..reading the thread carefully....

I don't think your target is argos at all

the machine came from VAX directly.

if you are going to pop documents up

please read upload carefully

and only use ONE multipage PDF please..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...