Is it possible to get a Mobile Sim only contract if under 18 Years Old ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1518 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Is it possible for a 15 year to have a  sim only contract ?  If it is not possible how has a 15 year old I know got this ? The parents do not know how it's managed to do this. It's with Three Mobile and Three are not interested in doing anything about it.

Edited by letsmakeamark
Spelling
  • Like 1

So whats cooking today ?

Topic moved to the appropriate forum.....please continue to post here to your topic.

You must be at least 18 years old Because you need to take a credit check before you sign up, you need to be at least 18 years old to get a pay monthly or SIM only contract.

https://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/SelfHelp/request.do?view()=c{2c8e8810-f554-11de-da00-000000000000}

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

bet its not in his name or he lied about his age?

ask 3 who's name IS it really in? 

was this online?

in a shop?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think it was online. Three are not saying anything apart from is the account holder there when last contacted by the parents.The contract is in the young person's own name.

Edited by letsmakeamark

So whats cooking today ?

I'm afraid if the person who made the contract misled the company as to their age, then the contract would be binding. On the other hand, there is the issue of credit checks and one wonders how diligent they had been and that might be a chink that one could exploit.

I'm not sure that you told us the story. It really would help if you tell us the story because at the moment we are rather stumbling around in the dark

And by the way, anybody – especially young person who gets himself involved in a fixed term contract – normally of 24 months – is crazy. They should beginning a monthly contract with a company like GiffGaff which gives you an enormous flexibility to change month by month and to leave any time. Of course that would normally mean that you got to source the telephone separately and I suppose that the 24 month contracts generally speaking offer a shiny bright new up to date telephone to suck you into their camp and trap you in.