Lowell EON

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1532 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI,

I received a letter from EON o the 13th of January saying they had passed the debt to Lowell.

As far as I am aware  the bills had all been paid in full and nothing was owing to EON at the time. As when I changed property I am sure I still had EON as a supplier

I can not prove this as I do not have any paperwork or even access to that bank account as it was closed so unable to get statements as it was years ago.

So i did not reply to this letter but i have contacted Lowells by email asking for more information. 

Below is what they have emailed me today.

Please see your account information below.

Account Number

Original Client

Original Client Reference

Current Balance

XXXXXXXXX

E.on Energy Solutions Limited

0XXXXXXXX

£xxx.xxx

Product: Electricity

Supply Address: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Supply start date: 16/05/13

Supply end date: 20/08/14

Disconnection reason: change of tenancy

Last payment amount: £15.00

Last payment date: 27/07/2014

Last payment method: prepayment

I am not sure if I should pay this or it is statue barred? 

Please advise what my options are

Thanks

How much money are we dealing with here? There is no need to redact the figure

Last payment amount: £15.00

Last payment date: 27/07/2014

It will be statute barred in August 2020....assuming you haven't made any acknowledgment in the last 6 years.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi I replied by email with the below.

Your Ref: XXXXXXX

Original Account: XXXXXX

Supply Date: 16/05/2013

end date: 20/08/2014

Type: Electricity

Hi.

You have contacted me regarding a debt with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself. 

I have no knowledge of any such debt. I am familiar with the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations (2008) and the Financial Conduct Authority’s guidance on debt collection, contained with the Consumer Credit sourcebook, which states that it is unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question. I would also point out that the FCA says under the guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable and in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive and unfair methods.

I request that no further contact be made concerning the above reference unless you can provide evidence in writing as to my liability for the debt in question, and await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed.

Otherwise I shall have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and inform the Financial Ombudsman of your actions.

the information I supplied in my first post was what they replied to the above with and attached a standard letter saying EON has passed the debt to them and a copy statement.

Pity......as most of the above is irrelevant if the debt has been legally assigned to them......what you really want is for them to substantiate the alleged debt and if they are now the legal owner of the debt...still if your above response spins ot out for another 4 months...the debt will be statute barred irrespective of who owns or who is liable.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

did you put your new address in the email?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I suggest also that you send the utility company an SAR. You may as well start gathering as much information as possible. Has the whole thing been properly billed do you know? Are you aware of the back billing code?

What date did you send the reply? It's a shame that you sent it like that because it makes it very clear that you don't know what you're doing and you lose credibility that way

1 hour ago, dx100uk said:

did you put your new address in the email?

I only provided what was sent above and used the original address details. 

The only information they have supplied so far is the information in my first post and a copy statement and letter saying that they are dealing with it from EON

So you are saying I need to contact EON and ask for SAR and what is a back billing code?

The email was sent the end of Feb 

Thanks again

Edited by grimevil

There you are. You have the link above to the back billing code. It just needs a little Internet research to find it.

Yes send them an SAR and do it immediately. Also, you should make sure that anybody who thinks they are claiming money against you has your present address. If they don't then there is a possibility – a strong possibility that they may issue proceedings against your previous address and you won't be aware of those proceedings. They will then go on to obtain a judgement against you which you won't satisfy and then you will discover that your credit file has been trashed. Then magically they will suddenly come up with your existing address and tried to begin enforcement proceedings against you at that address.

That's the way it works.

Always make sure that you inform people of your new address. Send the SAR immediately. You need to get a complete billing history.

if eon did not send you a bill since you've left them then they can only back bill from the date they claim you owe it for 1yrs.

so if the debt is older than 1yrs you cant be liable

but they've sold the debt on so that's immaterial.

you need and always MUST inform anyone that now owns any 'debt' on your credit file , or if you had credit or used any account within say 7 yrs of a move by royal mail letter..

else you run the risk of backdoor CCJ's

which is what lowells are after here

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...