CARS chasing debt for The London Mint Co - Refused prove it letter, yet continue to Chase

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

My mother in law, has received a letter from Credit Link Recovery Solutions - claiming to act for "The London Mint Office Ltd".  The claim is for under £50, however no details have been provided as to what the alleged debt is for.

She has written back to CARS (with my help), with the CAG debt prove it letter.  We clearly deny the debt and ask them to prove it.

Today, she had received a response from CARS stating the "Internet based Letter"   has no foundation in law or relevance to the account in question or the amount you owe.  The letter goes on to state, "If you dispute the outstanding balance, please provide full details so we can ask The London Mint Co to look into this for you.

Why should we provide full details.  We have already denied it?  Can we not put them to strict proof?

One interesting point is that  on the rear of their original letter they cite the National Debtline as an authoritative source for information.  Some of the FCA guideline text (7.5.3, 7.14.1 and 7.14.3) from the CAG letter is also in the National Debt HelpLine's template letter. (https://www.nationaldebtline.org/EW/sampleletters/Pages/Complaining-to-debt-collection-agencies-that-you-do-not-owe-the-debt-%28sole-name%29.aspx)

CARS stating that an 'internet based letter' which could have originated from the site they recommended for advice, appears a serious attempt to erode my mother in law's rights; an attempt to confuse individuals.

While it is not directly relevant, my mother in law is heavily disabled and recently suffered a stroke.  The actions of CARS is bordering on  vexatious surely.  Basically, stating that asking for proof of debt has no basis in law; yet demanding payment.

I wonder if they are in danger of committing an offence under the Protection from Harassment Act if they carry on with this conduct.

I can attach the original letters as PDFS to this post, but just want to make sure the search engines aren't going to spider them.

Thanks

Al

Edited by Free Spiriting
spelling mistake

• dx100uk changed the title to CARS chasing debt for The London Mint Co - Refused prove it letter, yet continue to Chase

shows you the uselessness of sending the prove it letter.

best idea is simply to ignore them

and not enter into pointless letter tennis with a DCA that has zero legal powers to do anything on any debt.

I would suspect this is probably ID theft and someone has used her details to order a coin or something.

nothing they can really do.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Might even be a faulty trace, or a phishing expedition to several Joneses.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

well lets put it this way.

CARS always were one of the very bottom feeders even on debts no-one else would touch with a barge pole!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as they dont own the supposed debt and earn money by telling lies this response doesnt surprise me but it perfectly harmless. stop writing to them as it will only cost you for the satmps and have no effect whatsoever.

If the London Mint Office get nasty she should take the matter up with them directly and start off with a SAR to see what info they have and where it has come from