Can't Scrap vehicle with HPI marker - has outstanding CCJ/ROG order too **RESOLVED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I fell into arrears with a hire purchase agreement.

I eventually incurred a county court judgement – I’m not absolutely sure of the date but I think it was sometime during 2007.

In March 2009,

I received a ‘judgement for delivery of goods’.

Afterwards I heard nothing from anyone about repossessing the vehicle.

In August 2011,

the debt was sold to a debt collection agency and apart from the usual correspondence requesting unrealistic amounts to settle the debt, nobody made any contact to arrange repossession.

In January 2018 I received a letter from the debt collection agency stating that my account is closed and that ‘we have recently reviewed your account and decided to take no further action to recover the balance. We have closed the account’.

Where it should show a balance outstanding in the letter there is £0.00.

The car has been parked on my drive (not the public highway) with no tax or insurance for over 6 years.

I now want rid of it and want to scrap it

– the car is now 20 years old and it’s not financially viable to get it back on the road.

However, I recently paid for a HPI check and found out that the finance company still have an interest registered on the car for what I think is the original CCJ amount.

Is the finance company allowed to do this given that I have a letter from the debt collection agency stating that I no longer owe the money?

How can I get the finance company to remove their interest with HPI given that they sold the debt on?

All guidance gratefully received.

Thank you.

why do you need the HPI marker gone?

just scrap it.

any court action is well over 6yrs old and cannot now been enforced ever.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Was advised by DVLA that I can't legally scrap it with the HPI marker on it. Told them about the letter from DCA stating no balance outstanding but was told this wasn't good enough.

Edited by hjellenew
bad grammar

ok yes seems like its a bit of an issue to get around.

ok lets resit things.

who was the original creditor that got the CCJ and the  ROG?

who was the DCA it was sold too?

and who wrote saying its £0 ?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to Can't Scrap vehicle with HPI marker - has outstanding CCJ/ROG order too

assuming you have not contacted your finance company for six years the debt should be statue barred meaning the finance company can no longer pursue you for the balance. simply contact them and ask them to either collect the car or remove their interest in it so you can scrap it.

surely cant be SB'd as it has a CCJ on it.?

and they

Firstly, apologies for not responding to those of you that came back to me after my post – thank you for your advice and suggestions.

But I decided to grow up and take the bull by the horns….

I called the finance company concerned.

I queried why they still have an outstanding finance marker registered against my car with HPI.

I was told there is finance outstanding and that I was taken to court over the matter – very true, I said.

I then told the customer service person that I have a letter from a DCA stating that they purchased the debt from the finance company and that they are the legal owners of the debt.

I then told the customer service person that I have a letter from the DCA stating that my account with them is closed with a balance outstanding of £0.00.

Had to hold the line for about 15 minutes while the customer service person checked with a ‘supervisor’ but when she came back, she said the HPI marker had been removed and that I would receive email confirmation (which I did... today).

RESULT!!!!

Can now legally scrap the car……what a relief......

• dx100uk changed the title to Can't Scrap vehicle with HPI marker - has outstanding CCJ/ROG order too **RESOLVED**
  • 3 weeks later...