Just been visited by HCEO CCJ water bill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Just had a visit from a HCEO over a water debt that went to court and a CCJ was awareded.

Initial debt was £715,45 as of Nov 2019

17th December the debt has risen to £933.20 with Compliance Fee of £90

7 Jan 2020 Debt risen to £1154.50 apparently a visit, but no paperwork was left.

Paperwork left today £1750.94

Not my debt - partners debt

They did not come in.

Initially when I found it was passed to Marstons, I called anglian water asking them to transfer it back and I would settle the balance, they said they couldent.

Do they ever pass it back to the creditor? How long will this take?

Are the fee correct as not had a breakdown.

Suggestions on what to do?

Edited by king100

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

Is there a genuine reason why the water rates were not paid ? Is there any particular reason why the claim was not defended ?  Any reason why an N245 was not submitted to agree a payment plan ?

Andy.

Topic title amended

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Andyorch changed the title to Just been visited by HCEO CCJ water bill

She had questioned the bills on numerous occasions as being so high. I thought she was dealing with it and at least paying something.

She just buried head in the sand.

Only found about it as got another for water rates, so I called up and paid that off before court action.

This CCJ is a a few years old i believe.

Again buried her head in sand and chose to ignore it.

Edited by king100

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

Expensive practice this burying head in sand..turns a £700.00 debt into  £1750.00

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

She cant afford to pay it anyway, she has no job.

Will it ever go back to creditor who has the CCJ and how much worse can it get?

Are you still at the same address? as it's civil, the HCEO has no right of entry but might try to |Take Control of goods outside like a car, are you on any benefits?  that would help if you wanted to fill in an N245 to vary the payment and Stay the HCEO.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Yes still at same address, car (in my name) is parked on a road and the CCJ is in her name.

I work full time - not married - she doesnt work and only claims child benefits and working tax credits. 2 Dependents.

Go down the N245 to suspend the warrant and or reduction in the instalment order? Both 1st one or 2nd one.

Both......as an aside are you on a water meter ...consider if not. Also If you are on certain benefits, you can get a third party deduction on a scheme called Waterdirect. This means the Department for Work and Pension pays something from your benefits directly to the water company. The water company may ask for this is if all other ways of paying haven’t worked.

Thanks Andyorch will get her to fill in the details

Also are the fees wrong?

1st Letter was £715 then 2 weeks later Debt was £833 plus £90 compliance fee Total £923.35

£190 1st Enforcement - no proof as I work from home and was in the day he said he came

£495 2nd Enforcement

I make it £1490 not £1750

What fees am I missing?

Edited by king100

Well when you complete the N245 it will want the judgment claim number and amount.....not the enforcement fees.Your partner could be exempt from the N245 fee if on certain benefits..the fee is normally £50.

fees will be added to your debt when a court bailiff is involved.

• £75 will be added to your debt when the initial ‘Notice of enforcement’ letter is sent
  • £235 +7.5% of the debt’s value over £1,500 will be added when the bailiff makes their first visit
  • £110 +7.5% of the debt’s value over £1,500 will be added if the bailiff comes back to remove your goods

HCEO

Type of fees       Fixed fee Percentage extra you’II pay for debts over £1,000

Writing to you about your debt       (called ‘compliance’)                                   

£75                                                       None                       
Visiting your home                             (called ‘enforcement 1’) £190 7.5 %
If you didn't make or didn't keep an agreement                                        (called ‘enforcement 2’) £495 None
Taking and selling your belongings (called 'sale') £525 7.5 %

I thought that HCEO acting on a CCJ get to charge more?

So are you saying that he can only charge £75+VAT Notice and £235+VAT for 1st visit, what about any other visits?

not if the org debt was under £1500 no.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

exactly

as andy said...trying to fleece you as they always  do.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What HCEO company is this, those fees are over the top on a £700 debt, also move your car away, as they will take it as you are partners and grab it if they think its based at same address.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!