style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes – you heard that right the first time: vegetarian snails.

The main point about eating escargot is enjoying the delicious runny butter/garlic/parsley sauce. If you make the sauce strong enough – you scarcely taste the snails. You merely have that slithering sensation down the back of your throat – assuming you like that kind of thing. Not only that, but like snails, most mushrooms are also hermaphrodite so they have quite a lot in common – that's something else you can chew upon with your guests while you're enjoying this great starter.

You will need snail dishes https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2060353.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.XSnail+dishes.TRS0&_nkw=Snail+dishes&_sacat=0

Remove the stalks from the mushrooms. Fill each upturned cap with a blended mixture of unsalted butter, garlic, parsley. I like loads of parsley and I like loads of garlic. The caps shouldn't be too large. They need to fit into the recesses of your snail dishes. A bit of space in the recess around the cap for melted sauce to pool a little. In fact you can line the recess with a little bit of the snail sauce paste and then bed the mushroom Into it.
Obviously, if you have vegetarians then you probably can't use snail shells. If you can then you simply stuff the shells with mushrooms or bits of the mushroom along with the garlic and parsley butter sauce.

Put them in the dish recesses – one dish per person – bake them in a hot oven – maybe 200° – for, say, 20/25 minutes. The mushrooms will start to darken and become extremely snail-like in their texture and appearance. They will be saturated with the sauce. Serve hot with garlic baguette – and a cold white wine so that generally people will be thinking that they're eating something Fwench and exotic. You never know, people might be so overcome that they will even start spontaneously speaking Fwench.

To be enjoyed by vegetarians and gastropodivores alike. A non-discriminatory first course.

Snail away snail away snail away

Orinoco Flow 2.mp3

(You can use snail butter to make Fwench garlic bread - 

🇫🇷  Its a fwench thing :biggrin:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Sounds like the mushrooms are preferable to the snails, bet the dish is very tasty. 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Less chances of sand and grit with the mushrooms