c enquire@uksearchlimited.com

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1596 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Today I received this via email

Dear Sir/Madam,

We have previously been given this email address as a means of contact for XXXXX. If this is not you or you do not wish to receive further communications to this email address, please let us know by telephoning us on 01246 570500, quoting reference XXXXXXX and we will amend our records.

Opening times excluding Public Holidays:

9am to 8pm Monday to Thursday
9am to 5pm Friday

If we do not hear from you then we shall assume that this email address is correct and will continue to correspond with you using this email address.

Best regards,

Jon

I have  no intention of calling, but do not wish to receive anything further from them so replied asking to be removed.

Got this auto reply:

Thank you for your email.

We are currently experiencing a high volume of emails, if you have a query/dispute, or complaint we will aim to get back to you as soon as possible, if you wish to discuss a payment plan, or pay in full, please call 01246 570500, alternatively you can access all your account details at the following www.uksearchlimited.co.uk where you will need both reference numbers off your letter.

------
This email has been scanned for spam and malware by The Email Laundry.

I realised afterwards this may not have been the best thing to do. I did not confirm if I was or was not the contact mentioned, but I suppose in a way I've confirmed the address is still active. I cannot think what it would be regarding but they have a lot of negative reviews online with people accusing them of chasing non existent or very old debts.

I was wondering if anyone had experience with them or thought they were legitimate? Or if this is just a phishing exercise. I don't know where they got my email address from.

image.png.490635570cd7778ea00336ec83a42d31.png

Looks like a small 2 man job with the email addresses - Thats from the FCA. 

https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_FirmDetailsPage?id=001b000000m5z2ZAAQ

Company check shows 

image.png.1cb11431f16dea517c3f49301caf7612.png

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/05321310/UK-SEARCH-LIMITED/companies-house-data

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thank you, good to know! Wow their site doesn't even work.

It's sad to see people have called them and now they have their phone number and are endlessly harassing them. They won't be getting mine, and I hope other people googling them find this forum.

doesn't matter what they do 

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

block bounce ignore

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• dx100uk changed the title to c enquire@uksearchlimited.com

have you found out what the debt is?

mostly uk search of late work with Shulmans LLP  on behalf of old util companies that you have an outstanding debt with from an old property?
have you one and moved in the last 6yrs>?

sadly we've seen back door CCJ's in some of these cases so it might be better to investigate this a bit?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I honestly don't know because they never said, and I don't want to call them and give them any info about me or my number.

The only thing I can think is that a utility company very recently went bust, and seemed to think they supplied me when they don't.

In fact I am currently dealing with them switching me to a different supplier against my wishes, because I'm with a totally different supplier and they had no right to do that.

They had been sending letters to me for about a year and I'd been calling them and telling them they don't supply me which they agreed, and promised to remove me.

However evidently they didn't as I've been "force-switched" to the takeover supplier for them despite being nothing to do with it all....trying to get my ACTUAL supplier to step in and object, as I spent all morning on the phone to the takeover supplier and all they could do was tell me to wait 5 working days for a callback.

It'd be interesting to see what debt they are trying to claim being that they never supplied me, and have now gone bust.

Unless it's something else, but I can't think of anything else.

stop using the phone you''ll get no where fast.

writing only.

we know most of these util companies that get you to say yes over the phone, .

name some names please

dx

and they

not using email ever so not a problem.

OP: go get your credit file.

look for a utils debt.

dx

and they

I get my credit score regularly,

have checked and theres nothing on there, and no searches other than ones for insurance quotes etc.

I can't think of anything I would owe money on, I've never been a non-payer on anything.

The only thing I can think of is that energy company who kept messing up, but there's no debt there, they even admitted this to me. They just seemed to think they were supplying my property when they werent and couldn't seem to sort it out. I'm with a completely different supplier who I pay by direct debit.

And surely I'd know about something like this? I'd have received letters or had some correspondence from the company before any alleged debt had been (presumably) sold off to this uk search ltd, who seems to have my name and email, and want me to confirm all sorts of senstivie personal information back to them before they'll tell me what it's about. 

uksearch don't buy debt 

only chase for clients.

if your credit file is clean

then you've nothing to worry about

could even be a miss trace.

just to be 100% sure 

you've not moved in the last say 7 yrs?

and they