False entry on my credit file by Metro Bank

jims45
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently went to my nearest Metro Bank to open a business account.

After about 30 minutes waiting I was seen by a member of staff and explained I needed a basic account without overdraft or borrowing facilities.

I was then told I needed to produce ID and she would perform a credit check to establish my identity.

I wrongly presumed this would be a "soft search" as carried out by my previous Bank.

My credit file is not perfect having had dealings with good old Cabot in the past so the account was refused...fair enough.

However a few weeks later upon checking my credit file I see that Metro Bank have performed a "hard credit check" and marked it as "credit application".

I did not apply for any form of credit but Metro Bank refused to correct the entry on my file.

No apology just a letter informing me that was standard Metro Bank procedure.

Is there a complaints procedure to get this changed or do I just put it down to experience?

Actually - They have done the correct process. Any current account being opened can and will do a hard search. 

A) Anti Money Laundering Regs

B) Identification Verification (CIFAS ID Reg For Bank Accounts As Well)

No dice on this one. 1 Search wont hurt... 

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thanks for the reply.

Strange thing is my previous Bank does not show up as a hard search it is listed as anti money laundering and appears in the section marked as ‘will not harm your credit score’. Maybe the free credit check websites  are not 100% accurate.