Smart Meters - warning ** Resolved**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

do you have a link to that document?  If so please post it up so we can have a look

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Downloaded file needs . entered manually beforepdf to open.  Interesting clauses

13.21 It shall be possible to apply debits to a meter at any time such that debt recovery can take
place. Debt can be applied during commissioning of the metering system.

13.22 There shall be 3 types of debt recovery rates that can be independently configurable, and shall
be applicable to the consumer’s credit balance (does not apply to recovery of emergency and
friendly credit):

13.33 It shall be possible to apply consumer treatment rules/categorisation to a consumer’s meter,
which are remotely managed. Examples of treatment rules are:
a) Vulnerable consumers (interrupt should be permanently disabled);

So it looks like they can turn any Smart meter to PAYG unilaterally, and load alleged debt on it at will.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

May be of interest contains the relative legislation

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and thanks for the info.  Update: today received the SAR info - great you might think. 

Just a waste of paper: screen prints, NO bills, NO data sheets from the meters, just copy letters of my complaints and their "we need more time" letters.  But wait, there is a disc.

For disc you have to install Nero Secure Disk Viewer - use the password sent in separate letter - only to find recordings of misc phone calls by me over last couple of years.  Doesn't give any information to me whatsoever regarding this alleged debt.  Hopeless. Why it took so long to produce a package of worthless information I don't know. 

Observations I did make was a sudden change from being Miss to Mrs on the screen prints, (not applicable) and something in the  "contact owner" heading/column, which may be a salesperson as I am not Hannah Leach, and I did not request a Hitachi product financed through BM financial in 2010.  (BG tabs for that page: Edit, Delete, or CLONE.)

• 5 months later...

update:

BG accepted that they had no bills or evidence of this alleged debt,

refunded the amounts

taken back to the meter

and offered about £70 as I recall goodwill gesture payment. 

I rejected on principle so that the Ombudsman would still investigate the matter. 

They found exactly the same, and I accepted the resolution at that stage.

I spent a lot of time trying to find old accounts to prove my genuine staunch denial of those alleged debts but the way the Ombudsman wrote up the case, rather implied that a debt existed which I am still displeased about. 

Ho HUm - life is too short to get into a wrangle over that and I am pleased however that the matter has finally been sorted out as I really hope it assists others, who are in the same position. 

As I have said, if anyone is alleging a debt it must be proven; you cannot go into a court of law on such spurious grounds so why should BG be allowed to shortcut the systems that are there for the protection of the people.

• Thanks 1

Glad  it has been resolved.

You wonder how these mistakes are made.