southern Water CCJ issued with wrong contact details, sort of.

skookum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1642 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a little long winded so I will try to make it breif.

Sometime ago i had a mix up with Southern water and ended up owing them money. 

Its a fair cop and I agreed a payment plan that had to be done through UK Search. 

For some reason they kept using my wifes contact details, such as email and phone number despite being updated.

For some stupid reason they could not set up a direct debit and it had to be done by card payment. 

I had been paying over a year no glitches until september when the bank issued a new card due to expiry soon. 

I honestly forgot about this payment

my wife got bombarded with calls and emails on my behalf. 

Sometimes 6 to 7 automated calls were made a day. 

On realising my error I contacted them and gave them my new card. 

They had already started court proceedings but managed to stop them on the fact of wrong details.

The calls continued and I returned calls to confirm all was ok. 

After about a further 3 weeks of all these calls I called back only to find out they were trying to contact my wife not me. 

It turns out that her ex husband had also left a water debt and because we had responded to the calls they had gone straight to court.

She now has a CCJ. 

Do you think we have any argument considering the mess up we had with contact details and them contacting her with mine.

You need to get a copy of the claim form and also the judgement. Contact the court and get them to send them to you by email and also contact the water company for the same information. You could send them an SAR as well – in addition just to make sure.

Once you are sure that the details on the CC J refer to a different account – which I would expect would mean that a different account number would be used – then they should be very little problem setting it aside and in fact I can imagine that the water company will be prepared to do it by agreement.

• dx100uk changed the title to southern Water CCJ issued with wrong contact details, sort of.

and ofcourse you should be able to prove residency at a differing property for the duration of the bills on the CCJ?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...