PCN - Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1651 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just moved house and received my first PCN for parking outside my house with the note:

(01) Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours

Observation from: 11/11/2019 10:24

Observation to: 11/11/2019 10:25

As you can see from the attached photo of the signage there is no indication of the time that the single yellow line is restricted, it merely refers to permit parking.

Further, the single yellow line is unclear, without a T end, and there are also what appears to be markings for a parking bay there.

Any help in an attack route in avoiding this PCN will be much appreciated.

Ta :) 

20191112_131628.jpg

20191112_131602.jpg

2 hours ago, kether said:

As you can see from the attached photo of the signage there is no indication of the time that the single yellow line is restricted, it merely refers to permit parking.

Further, the single yellow line is unclear, without a T end, and there are also what appears to be markings for a parking bay there.

The timeplate only relates to the parking bay. The SYL's are governed by the times on the entry signs to the Controlled Parking Zone. I've looked on Croydons website but can't find the restriction times for Zone W.

The T-bar is no longer a requirement, but the SYL must be substantially compliant, which from your photo I would say it is.

You need to get a resident permit or at least visitor permits ASAP or you're going to continue to get more pcn's

2 hours ago, Michael Browne said:

The timeplate only relates to the parking bay. The SYL's are governed by the times on the entry signs to the Controlled Parking Zone. I've looked on Croydons website but can't find the restriction times for Zone W.

The T-bar is no longer a requirement, but the SYL must be substantially compliant, which from your photo I would say it is.

You need to get a resident permit or at least visitor permits ASAP or you're going to continue to get more pcn's

Hi Michael,

I have a permit. The fine would be for parking on the yellow line / ambiguous parking spot. I guess I can check the signs near the entrance to the CPZ for details but from memory do not recall seeing anything.

I had unloaded items for the house as I've just moved in - mostly flat pack bedroom furniture.

There were no resident parking bays available near the property.

I moved the car shortly after.

Excellent.

Appeal on the basis that the contravention did not occur. You were unloading heavy pack-flat furniture (include photos or receipts if poss) and although you have a resident permit, all the permit bays near your house were full and this was the nearest available place to park and unload. The CEO only observed your car for 1 minute which was insufficient for him to be certain that unloading was not  taking place. You were only parked there for as long as necessary and once you had finished unloading moved your car to a permit bay furter up the road.

Since unloading on a single yellow line is an exemption, the contravention did not occur and you wold be grateful if the council confirm that the pcn has been cancelled.

Look on the council website for their photos and see if they show the goods in your car. If so mention that in your challenge.

Edited by Michael Browne