Link Parking windscreen PCN - now BW 'Letter of Claim'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1667 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys, helping a friend with this one, this has been received after a windscreen ticket was received but thrown away, so I have none of the usual details.

Am I right in thinking this is just another begging letter dressed up like a Letter Before Claim as I noticed it is entitled 'Letter Of Claim'?

unfortunately the person threw all paperwork including the windscreen ticket so I don't have any of the usual details.

All I'm asking at this stage is if this is a leeter before action or just another begging letter dressed up like an LBA?

Link_Parking-redacted.pdf

• dx100uk changed the title to Link Parking windscreen PCN - now BW 'Letter of Claim'

no its a letter of claim that must be responded too within 30days with a suitable ericsbrother snotty/insulting LETTER.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dead BW,

If you knew anything about the Law you would realise Link have no Locus Standi  in this matter. If you do not understand what that means please ask a proper solicitor.

If your client wishes to take me to Court tell them to bring their chequebook.

That should save you looking for one of EsBs. (Without punctuation marks that  looks like he has more than one brother).

• Like 2

It contains the relevant info to be admitted as a letter before claim so it must be responded to as such.

gte your friend to give us as much info as possible, it wont be the only communication so they must know something.

A simple denial of the debt because there is no keeper liability in this matter and that STRICT PROOF of who was driving at the time should be furnished by their client of they intned to continue this folly and lose themselves a vex claim.

something like that will slow the process down a little but these idiots prefer to start a claim knowing they cnat answer the question but hoping that the defendant makes a mistake/judge lottery sees them win

• Like 1

Hi

ive had this letter before they threw the towel in and would like to make a couple of observations.

firstly all this estimated costs is just to put the frightners on you and make you doubt yourself and roll over DONT !

secondly from the figure on the first line of £160 leads me to suspect that it will be an NTK which has been issued after they failed to identify the driver ?

the £100 is the maximum you are liable as long as the driver identity is not known KEEP IT THAT WAY !

Thirdly the £60 part of that is the fee they tried to claim I was liable for and my defence pointed out that BW Legal were claiming for something they knew they couldn’t recover in small claims Court which is fundamentally dishonest practice. 

This is just an “estimate” so you can’t do much with this info yet

keep going 👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I am the mother of the son that got the letter of claim

I sent the letter as supplied by lookingforinfo and received the following letter back, please advise on my next course of action.

My son received this letter after we sent a reply to a Letter of Claim from this company.

Please advise how we respond to this.

My son threw away the windscreen notice and the 1st initial letter.

Link Parking Fine 2.pdf

I would suspect the advice would be to do nothing.

However, you've started a new thread instead of continuing your old one, which means no-one knows what stage you were at and what was in lookingforinfo's letter.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

That was a standard reply from the solicitors regardless of what was written.

That does not mean that they have not taken whatever you wrote prior to going ahead in Court.

It would be helpful if you could reveal what was written to them and under what you circumstances you did it. 

Normally we only recommend writing to them under certain circumstances and which you may have have done so in this instance.

If so time will tell.

But until you know whether they are going to go ahead or run for the hills you should assume that they will go ahead.

So it would help if you could kindly get your son to complete the following-

threads merged and tidied.

there is nothing more to do

you have sent the snotty letter

now lets see if Link are brave enough to issue a court claim.

if you could get the questionnaire above done it would help though

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for clearing that up Homer. 

I was  in the middle of writing what DX100 uk has just said.

I notice that no questions have yet been answered from the Stickies posted on either thread.

We will need some info in order to counteract any stpidity by Link to try Court.

The PCNs can be produced later under CPR regs.

so photos of

the car park with the notices at the entrance,

around the carpark itself-especially any that are different

as well as the T&Cs on the payment meter if there is one would be a help.

As would the reason for the ticket.

In addition, you could look up the local Council website on planning permissions to see if Link have ever applied for permission to erect NOtices and ANPR cameras within the car park.

This would come under Town and Country [Advertisements] Regulations.

And if you have any recent PCN remiders from Link that might help a little.

the reply from BW shows they lack an understanding of the difference between a contract that has offer and acceptance and something that is prohibitive in nature so their letter actually damages their clients claim quite severely.

So in short your son can respond by stating that there was no offer of a contract to park so there can be no breach of contract and no monies are owed

use our custom google search after hitting the top squares logo.

ericsbrother snotty/insulting BW letter

dx

and they