Overpayment of salary

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi need advice worked for a company for 2 and half months, i went off sick with stress due to bullying and unprofessional behavior   by the Manager, worked full month in April, half a month in May and sick leave until end of June. I resigned my position as i couldnt go back.. I have just received a letter from them saying they overpaid me by 1500.00. I checked my bank statements and was paid 1 full month salary of 1146.  in April, May was 180.00 and June a payment of 600 should have been paid but was returned by the company. as i didnt work. There records are showing i received over 1700 in april (overpayment of 600  The 600 they took back is showing as paid but wasnt. I REALLY dont know what they are doing. Can anyone advise me please.

you need to respond to their letter saying that you belive that you ahve been paid correctly ( or underpaid if you are due a small amount of accrued holiday pay etc) and demand that they show a full account of what you received, when and why and how they arrived at this figure. You then reconcile that with your P45 and use the figures to bat off any furhter demands if they still akke one.

Come back if they dotn drop the matter and give us the full breakdown on hours worked, hourly rate, gross pay, tax paid  etc