Cost of duplicate damp course certificate?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We are in the process of selling our house and the buyers solicitor has asked for proof of work that we had carried out which included damp proofing and cavity wall ties , i have the original quote but cannot find the guarantees as this work was carried out a very long time ago, so i contacted the company that did the work to see if they still have record of the work which they do and were more than happy to supply me with copies for ......£120 😳as you can imagine i said thanls but no thanks even my solocitor was gobsmacked is this the going rate ?? For a couple of bits of paper ? Surley its slightly excessive 

Yes it is excessive and I don't think you have any choice other than to pay up.

Sorry

Most guarantees are not transferable anyway to the new owner so why a solicitor should request it is pointless.The quotes should suffice to prove the work was carried out.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

if the guarantee is covered by a trade association scheme they will have the reference for it, as is the case for replacement windows and the FENSA scheme that automatically  gives the nod for the building regs notice requirement.

The other way fo going about this is to ask for a copy of all the data they hold on you and the job under the GDPR. Even if they wont send you a copy of the guarantee you will get copies of the paperwork saying who did what and when and they will have to stand by their work.

If they dotn provide the data you say that you are makinga  claim against them under the guarnatee scheme and want them to come round and inspect/ remediate you problems at that will force them to write to you denying there are any problems.

Alternatively it is unlikely that the purchaser has any idea that their solicitors are delaying the purchase wrangling over a bit of worthless paper so you could tell them that you are minded to withdraw frok the sale if this is the only sticking point.

dont let the lawyers get in the way of the smooth running of the tansfer, they ahve a habit of demanding things that you wouldnt be slightly  interested in anyway. My solicitor wrote to the peopel I was buying teh house from demanding indemnity insurance against breach of covenant that affected a field wall that was demolished in 1928 and the house was built in 1959 so hwo that got dug up is beyoond me > after a complaint I was awarded £200 refund of my fees. try and see if this is just the sold ot the mortgage provieder doing the box ticking and you may well get the whole thing dropped in no time