Stagecoach problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1673 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i started work as a bus driver in may last year. 3 months ago, i was involved in an accident where i received an injury to my neck. i have been off work ever since with this problem. as the accident was at work, they asked me to visit the company doctor which i did. he was insistent that i was fit to work due to the fact that i had not gone to my doctor for stronger pain relief medication. i was invited to a meeting with the operations manager. she wanted to know exactly when i was going to return to work. i was unable to answer this because i knew that i wasn't fit or safe enough to do my job, and i was still in pain when i tried to turn my head. she asked if i could be bus cleaning instead, but i thought this an unsuitable alternative role due to having to clamber under seats etc to clear away litter. she said she had no option but to give me 7 days notice to terminate my employment, even though i was still on the sick. to be honest, i was happy with that arrangement as it released the stress and pressure to return to work and i could find alternative employment once i had made a full recovery. now this is where the problem lies. i received an invoice from them wanting £1270 for what they claim is owed on an indemnity bond. the next section says "less recovery of wages. please refer to your last wage slip for more details. i had no idea what this was about until my payslip arrived yesterday. on my last pay slip, they have paid me my outstanding ssp, all my holiday pay, and all my lieu days payments totaling £649. then in the deductions side, they have taken off my usual deductions for tax & NI plus £453 for what they call "leaver bond". i have no idea what that is. so now what i have after all the deductions is a weekly wage of just £19. i'm not bothered about losing the job but can they really take money from my wages like this? is there anything i can do about the "invoice" they've sent me?

Did Stagecoach pay for any training for you?

In particular: did you start already holding a driver CPC (or licence class D)?

If not, they may have a contractual term to limit the risk that they pay for driver training and then have drivers leave soon, having the benefit of that training at Stagecoach’s expense.

Have you checked your contract of employment?