SSE inaccurate billing

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1676 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Start contract at new address. SSE agree hand over from previous supplier at 633 units. At first bill the meter reading comes in under this number. Over the phone SSE state there will be no standing energy payment due until the meter is in excess of 633 units and amend the bill to standing charge only of £15.52.

Later SSE amend the bill from £15.52 with grossly inaccurate estimates inflating the bill to £342.08 despite being in receipt of actual meter readings from the start of the contract to the billing date.

Despite being in receipt of accurate meter readings SSE refuse to amend the bill.

Pre-claim letter prepared.

N1 form prepared to CEO, companies house address is listed in Scotland and I can file an N510 to bring the claim to England. Is it possible however to serve the N1 against the CEO in England at a different company address negating the requirement for an N510?

Grateful for any advice.

Edited by FruitSalad1010

Neither. The Senior Management Team are not responsible for your dilemma personally. The company is. 

The company must put it right. The CEO Wont. Have you complained to the CEO and sent a LBA yet to them?

keith.anderson@scottishpower.com

When it goes to court - Its usually the party responsible that would have to cough up costs / compo etc. The CEOs arent responsible if you get my drift... 

They are for the company but cant be held personally liable - I dont think im making myself clear...?! LOl...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I think that before you take any kind of action that you should send them an SAR to try and find out the whole story/any information they have on you. Don't start launching into legal actions until you are fully informed

If it were me dealing with this, I would calculate the amount I owed for Gas and /or Electric. I would pay the bill for that amount, so I would have paid for usage up to date.

In the meantime I would be shopping around for another Energy suppliers and I would be switching as soon as possible. 

Once the switch was in progress I would write a complaint letter to Head of Customer Services at SSE Head Office, explaining what had happened and that I had to calculate my own bills, as the service was useless. That I had now started the switch to another Energy suppliers, as I had no confidence in their services.

Best way forward is to walk.  Don't get involved in court actions, while you are still a current customer.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

For info I've already e-mailed the CEO last week who passed it on to their legal department.

I will send a LBA to the CEO this week, I believe I am owed compensation for their mismanagement of the situation and under their customer charter.

If this is not forth coming then the suggestion from unclebulgaria67 is an excellent one as it avoids going to court but risks that SSE pass on any remaining albeit bogus charges to DCA and make credit rating entries.

What law are you ging to quote to get your supposed cmpensation?

Wht loss have you suffered?

they sent you a wrong bil

l- that is normal so you keep plugging away at that

if anyone does court let them sue you.

get pictures of your meters  and do this every time you write to them or respond to one of their demands.

If they blot your credit files the you can sue them for alot but until then you are better off being patient and looking to change supplier asap and then telling them why you are off in a stiff letter to the CEO At the moment they have you marked down as a troublesome customer who is not to be told anything.

If the origianl readings were not far off the the law allows them to use them.

You need to go after your previous supplier if they have used the wrong readings but often the problem is with the intermediary that no-one knows about that is supposed to do all of the changes and monitor your consumption.

they never accept responsibility for getting things wrong  and the law doesnt acknoweldge their existence as far as consumers go.

• 3 weeks later...