STATUE BARRED 3 YEARS AGO

SHELBELLE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1708 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Then its not statute barred:-(

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SHELBELLE said:
No unfortunately

So I use the lack of CCA and CPR31.14 as my defence then?

Thanks you

S.B.

Yes as per my post

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

The ICO states:

All references to a defaulted debt must be removed from your credit files after 6 years has passed from date of default, whether paid off or not.

Draft Defence:~

Comments advice required please..

POC

The Claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the Defendent under a contract between the Defendant and Sainsburys dated on or about xx/07/2013 and assigned to the claimant on xx/02/2011 in the sum of xxxx

DEFENCE

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CRP r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. Paragraph 1 is denied with regards to an amount due under an agreement (s). The Solicitor has refused to disclose any agreement or statements on which its claim relies on.

3. I am unaware of any legal assignment the Claimant refers to within its particulars and deny the notice was served pursuant to the Law of Property Act.

On receipt of this claim I requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a CPR 31.14. To date I have yet to receive a compliant response. This was posted on xxxxx.

On receipt of this claim I requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a Section 78 request. To date they have failed to comply.

Therefore with the courts permission the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) Show and disclose how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) Show and disclose how the Claimant has reached the amount claimed for;

© Show how the agreement was breached/terminate to allow the claimant relief.

(d) Show how the Claimant has the legal right , either under statue or equity to issue a claim;

4. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5, it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

5. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer credit Act 1974.

6. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

Hopefully this is sufficient...thank you

S.B.

Hi guys

Sorry...advice on defence would be greatly appreciated as I need to submit pretty soon...thnak you.

S.B.

Patience SHELBELLE....

Your defence is due tomorrow by 4.00pm (officially Sunday) but it wont be processed until Monday if you submit Sunday ...which is 1 day late.

The particulars above are they verbatim?..... nothing edited out.....no refrence to default /termination..account number reference or section 69 interest?

Andy

Sorry Andy....was just getting a bit anxious...my apologies

The POC are verbatim with the addition of this bit below: ~

Particulars a/c no : ~ xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Date xx/05/2014 Default Balance xxxx

Post refrl Cr NIL

Total xxxx

Thank you once again.

POC

The Claimant claims payment of the overdue balance due from the Defendant under a contract between the Defendant and Sainsburys dated on or about xx/07/2013 and assigned to the claimant on xx/02/2011 in the sum of xxxx

Particulars a/c no : ~ xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Date xx/05/2014 Default Balance xxxx

Post refrl Cr NIL

Total xxxx

DEFENCE

1. The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague insufficient and generic in nature. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CRP r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made.

2. It is denied with regards to any amounts due under an agreement (s). The Solicitor has refused to disclose any agreement or statements on which its claim relies on.

3. I am unaware of any legal assignment the Claimant refers to within its particulars and nor was any Notice of Assignment served pursuant to the Law of Property Act.

On receipt of this claim I requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a CPR 31.14. To date I have yet to receive a compliant response. This was posted on xxxxx.

On receipt of this claim I requested information pertaining to this claim by way of a Section 78 request. To date they have failed to comply.

Therefore with the courts permission the Claimant is put to strict proof to:

(a) Show and disclose how the Defendant has entered into an agreement; and

(b) Show and disclose how the Claimant has reached the amount claimed for;

© Show how the agreement was breached/terminate to allow the claimant relief.

(d) Show how the Claimant has the legal right , either under statue or equity to issue a claim;

4. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5, it is expected that the Claimant prove the allegation that the money is owed.

5. On the alternative, as the Claimant is an assignee of a debt, it is denied that the Claimant has the right to lay a claim due to contraventions of Section 136 of the Law of Property Act and Section 82A of the consumer crediticon Act 1974.

6. By reasons of the facts and matters set out above, it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief.

It just required few tweaks......

Regards

Andy

• 4 weeks later...

Quick update: ~

So Cabot have written.....

They have not been able to provide the requested info (CCA request), but they are going to keep trying,

they state that my agreement is currently unenforceable and that they are not permitted to obtain a judgement against me in court.

BUT I am still obliged to still repay the balance....and to contact them....!!

Think we are heading on the right track but am not going to count my chickens just yet....

Also my credit reference file shows this debt as a new entry but under a different DCA to Cabot...which I find strange

Thoughts and advice appreciated please....

Thanks S.B.

ah poor eston..another lost claim

not many xmas drinkies at the xmas party for them.

another fleecing exercise thwarted I expect!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Quick update: ~

So Cabot have written.....

They have not been able to provide the requested info (CCA request), but they are going to keep trying,

they state that my agreement is currently unenforceable and that they are not permitted to obtain a judgement against me in court.

BUT I am still obliged to still repay the balance....and to contact them....!!

Think we are heading on the right track but am not going to count my chickens just yet....

Also my credit reference file shows this debt as a new entry but under a different DCA to Cabot...which I find strange

Thoughts and advice appreciated please....

Thanks S.B.

Invite them to discontinue the claim then Shelb...then the clock will start to tick again in view of statute of limitation...otherwise it will remain in limbo.

Andy

Letter ...phone call...no need to copy the court.

Statute of limitations as statute barred ....a debt that has had no payment or acknowledgement for a period of 6 years (5 in Scotland) then its becomes unenforcible.If a debt is barred under statute, it means that by law (the Limitation Act), the lender has run out of time to use certain types of action to try and make you pay the debt.

Statute-barred does not mean the debt no longer exists. In some circumstances, the creditor, or a debt collection agency, can still try and get money from you. You can choose to pay if you wish. Even if the debt is statute-barred, it may still be on your credit reference file. This may make it harder for you to get further credit.

Their court claim stopped the clock.

Regards

Andy

sorry what do you mean?

can you get this debt removed?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No DX..

..I'm just a bit surprised as when the claim came through to me I checked my credit file

and the debt wasn't on there.

..because I was trying to check if it was S.B..

...I have since rechecked and it was listed again just before my defence was submitted

BUT with a completely different DCA to whom issued the claim...

...very strange or would you have an explanation for that please?

so the old defaulted date was 20th august

from post 1 here

they cant change that date.

have they

dx

dx

and they