Can My Employer Withhold / Postpone My Salary?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1679 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, really need some advice on this.

I handed in my resignation on 7th September and informed them my last working day would be 3rd October.

I have had written confirmation that they are going to withhold my September salary until the end of October as I'm working a couple of days in October.

Are they legally allowed to do this? My contract does not have any information on a scenario like this.

Thank you for any help

I take it that your September payment is due now and for a couple of days they want to put everything together and close your file.

Unfortunately whatever you do, the 3 October is early next week, so no time for anything. 

Just get at them on 04 October to get paid.

Call every hour and escalate to higher manager at every call.

If it is a large organisation go as high as the chain takes you otherwise you'll be forgotten until next payday at the end of October. 

If you sustained any charges for their late payment tell them that they must pay these charges and if they don't,  come back here.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

it wouldnt be uncommon for salary to be delayed a couple of days so any overtime/expenses/holidat pay etc can be properly sorted. Not paying you for a whole month is a breach of your employmet contract and the company shoule be told that you expect them to make good any overdraft costs etc that you suffer as a result of this breach. if your credit record is damaged you might have a claim for a lot more so yes, nag them every day several times a day and bill them for any costs