Do you Have to be very specific when requesting a SAR?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

surely if these are all paid off there is no credit agreement in force anymore so the act CCA no longer applies?

thus CCA request would be pointless?

I've found in the past [with lloyds] when an sar was done for someone..

agreements for closed and paid off accounts were included in the sar [as they formed part of his data]

there were 2 others still active, they didn't include those and needed a CCA request each, then we got them.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx, thanks for your message. Well, that's why I wanted to double check first. Ultimately, I just want access to my agreements/statements (as requested  at the beginning of August 2019 in my letters) , and I have not been successful first time around. So, I'm going to try again and BE SPECIFIC this time. 

wasting £1 per CCA request IMHO. as they are not now applicable..but what the heck for £1??

pers I think what you did was send an sar that specifically let the cat out the bag it was for PPI purposes...

should have just said you wanted all records ever held regarding you and your dealing with xxx bank for you own personal record keeping.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx, well, you’ve got a point.

But this time 2 months ago, I was so out of touch with all the PPI world, and I have learnt so much in a relatively short  time.

My initial thinking was that the banks can’t lie and the more knowledge you present, the better your chances of getting the information.

Even if they don’t give me the statements/agreements after several attempts , wouldn’t that be a good case to present to the Financial Ombudsman Service

goto the FOS with what?

ICO maybe but if you read the rambling threads by user crighten

there aren't any enforceable 'rules' that state a creditor must hold/provide data outside of 6yrs since accounts end.

though we know most do.

as long as you've made a ppi claim with each lender even if to date its not progressed your foot is in the door.

an sar request is not a ppi misspelling complain.

it might be far better to now take a step back and review each claim to date.

you have 6mts before you might need to progress things to the FOS, but progress what at present is unknown..

certainly wont be a complaint regarding the failure to supply information ...not their problem.

take each lender

use cag to research if its known they do hold such info and better know where to send the sar too

as repeated sar's, with differing specifics are pointless.

as an example

HSBC has a semi secret data storage facility address a recent sar to them got a guys details resulting in a successful claim.

and they

Ah ok, maybe I’m wrong with regards to my FOS thinking.

I thought there may be a case if they didn’t provide the info.

For example, if they provided you with bank statements going back 10 years, (this happened recently with my mother’s HSBC current account) but then claim they couldn’t go back more than 6 years to locate an agreement. 

Yeah, I guess I have got my foot in the door.

However, one lender (Morses club; several shopacheck loans from 90s/2000s)  have stated that they couldn’t locate an account (using the 6-year retention policy talk) and have said I should  take the letter to mean it’s their final decision (and then they have provided the FOS details, if I want to complain).

In this situation, what’s the best thing to do?

Wait a while and see if I can a find better address/semi secret address to send the SAR to within the business?

The address I sent the letter to is: Kingston House, Centre 27 Business Park, Woodhead Road, Birstall, Batley, WF17 9TD.

This is just their registered office address on their website.

They also stated “you will be happy to know that Morses Club (formerly Shopacheck) never sold PPI”.

Well, I’m not sure I can believe that  as I’ve read about Shopacheck loans having PPI.

What do you think about that comment?

Ah, I didn’t know about that HSBC example.

In fact, I’ve got about 6-7 different complaints with them (credit cards and loans) and are ones I’m very optimistic about.

I sent my PPI claim + SAR to this address: HSBC, PPI Complaints, PO BOX 6177, Coventry, CV3 9HP. This is the address from the FCA website.

Would  you mind sharing the semi secret address or send me a private message?

Moreover, what exactly happened in this case? Was he initially denied his details?

How much compensation did he receive?

I would love to know more about this story please. 

and they

read their hsbc thread

and they

Hi guys,

after reading user “craigten’s” thread about SARs to HSBC, I’m wondering  if anyone knows the “best” (I.e where they are more willing to give you the information!) address for getting success with a SAR.

I’ve already sent SARs to Halifax, RBS, Barclays And Barclaycard   (using the generic PPI addresses on the FCA website), and had no luck

I.e saying we can’t find Information on your accounts .

I understand we need to try and find an “archive” department address or similar.

So if anyone could provide me with such addresses for Halifax, Barclays, Barclaycard and RBS, I would be most grateful.

Kind regards 

P.S this time around, I’m NOT  going to mention anything about PPI (even though this the reason I want the information).

This should make them more likely to give me the information, don’t you think?

Moreover, I would  also like to mention that my complaints have already been submitted (e.g Barclays And Barclaycard  are giving me another 3 months to find more Information, the other two have just said we will reconsider your complaint if you find additional information/evidence to support your claim).

use the FCA register and search for each lender.

either find a specific address for the data controller or dept

or

send it to their head office.

and they

Hi dx, thanks again for your input. I really appreciate it! I have been doing pretty much what you said, but I’ve  been finding the Data Protection Officer (DPO) email address/address to write to. Is this is the same as the data controller/data controller dept?