Month old Miele Fridge/Freezer packed up, shop just gone bust

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I hope I have the right forum. In short,

We purchased an “American” style Fridge/Freezer Three months ago from a local electrical shop.  

It’s bieen trading since the late 1800’s so felt that there would be no problem if anything went wrong, and I would support the High Street. 

Two weeks ago the shop went bust, in fact it’s been emptied already as the liquidators say all stock was owned by the suppliers, the shop paid when they sold the item.

At the weekend our Fridge Freezer started bleeping and got warm/defrosted the Freezer items.

I have contacted the name and number on the shop door, but they tell me I will just be an unsecured creditor (the current/former owner is the Gt Grandson of the original founder and well known in the Town). I have no credit card cover due to paying cash for the item as he gave a “deal” and reduced the item from £1,949.00 to £1,749.00 if I paid cash on the day. 

I have the warranty from the manufacturer, as perversely it arrived in the post today after we registered it online when we had it delivered. It tells us to contact the retailer in the event of any problem, but there’s no longer any retailer. 

We borrowed a small small chest freezer from a friend and got a cheap second-hand Fridge from Facebook so we can have some Fridge facility. 

Both the wife and I are cheesed off as we had to have the broken one plumbed in, new plug fitted and a radiator moved. I simply cannot afford another one to cover the pipework made necessary by having the now broken Fridge/Freezer.

Can anyone suggest anything else I can do?

Normally of course it would be the retailer who be liable but they are in liquidation. Shame that you paid cash – and I suppose that the retailer knew what was happening and I can imagine that the cash has disappeared rather than go towards the creditors.

You lucky that you have a manufacturers warranty. You will now have to email the manufacturer, informing them that the retailer is in liquidation and that you are now holding them directly responsible under the warranty.

Who's the manufacture?

Of course the manufacturer won't be ready for this and is very possible that they won't be very cooperative or very responsive. I would say given seven days and then start threatening.

• Andyorch changed the title to Month old Miele Fridge/Freezer packed up, shop just gone bust
  • 8 months later...

Is there any update on this?