JD Williams

nchm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1784 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, 

Apologies if this is in the wrong place. Wondered if anyone could advise. 

I opened a Ambrose Wilson account in June 2017 (apr 39.9%) Several purchases and payments later and I had a credit limit of £1000.

June 2018 I open a Simply Be account which has a 39.9% apr also. Limit started small and has now rose to £1000.

AW raised my limit also to £2000.

In February this year after paying the minimum on both accounts for a few months

I check through my AW statements as the balance never seems to go down and realise that in August 2018 they increased my AW apr to 69.9%!!!! 

I contacted them and asked why this was the case and they said because they assessed me as being a higher credit risk.

Yet they continued to raise my limits on both accounts!! 

I asked them to reduce the interest back and back and said I would work hard at clearing the debts and close the accounts. 

They said they would not reduce, remove or help with interest or charges. 

All correspondence has been via email from my side. 

I said they may well have a case case to answer for irresponsible lending seeing as they apparently identified me as a high credit risk and then continued to raise limits.

The complaints department wrote to me saying they have done nothing wrong, interest and charges would not change and that the matter was now closed. 

I was sent an email asking for I & E assessment  to set up a payment plan.

However this is pointless seeing as the interest and charges are way more every month!

I did however send them all my details with a more than adequate offer of repayment.

This was done in April 2019. 

They have ignored this email with the I & E details attached since.

I resent it at the end of April, beginning of June and again this week.

Nobody responds. 

I missed my payments in May and June. On purpose to hopefully try and gain a response that way but all that is happening is they charge me even more and send me letters saying to contact them as they can help me and will be sympathetic to any financial difficulties!! I have contacted them! Several times! 

where do I go from here?

What do I have to do to get a response about the payments?

Can they really ignore me and keep applying 69.9% interest and charges every month??  

Thanks in advance. 

Hi nchm 

Whats your current credit files looking like...do you already have any defaults?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

if they did not write to you telling you about the int rate rise then they are in hot water

stop sending I&E's its none of their business.

get and sar running 

get all the data

and your credit file

as I bet with that old failed iva it was crap too

and you could well gave a very good IRL complaint here

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I had a ton of defaults, most of which dropped off in 2018, two dropped off earlier this year and one left still on it. 

Who do I complain too about IRL? As they have shut me down on that one already. 

Thanks 

Then one more is not going make much difference...they won't reduce interest or assist in your problem.....so you have to stop payments and suffer the default.

Stop payments completely....that will get their attention

The debt will then be assigned to a DCA and it will start its journey of threats of CCJs etc etc....retain all your correspondence with JD for future use should a claim ever be issued.

I dont think you can use IRL on a catalogue...it was your choice to make purchases......and to use the higher credit limit.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread