Purchased a car with Very Dodgy MOT!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Im new to the forums and hoping for some advice on an obvious non 

I purchased a Kia Sorento back in February this year from what I thought was a reputable 2nd hand Dealer. It had low mileage and was a fair price. I needed a vehicle quickly and looked at a few but this one won the race. It had 10 month MOT which was a bonus too. A few weeks back I felt a knocking under the back of the vehicle so had a look underneath and I noticed that the suspension seemed well worn. I checked online as to when the MOT was due again and while doing so noticed that now its possible to view your cars MOT history which I must admit I didnt know you could do!

So I did and to my horror found out that it had indeed failed its MOT on a lot of suspension issues with the advise do not drive until repaired. It gave a long list of things that needed doing. I then went on to see that exactly a month later and with less than 30 miles extra on the clock it had been passed by another garage! To say I was livid was an understatement but before going in guns blazing I thought id get some advice as I literally have no idea who to contact first DVLA, DVSA, The garage I bough it from or the 2 garages that did the MOTS or even the Police? 

This is something im really P$%^£d off about and feel that surely someone needs to be held accountable?

Would really appreciate some advice

Many thanks

Ads

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 18.42.12.png

There is nothing particularly unusual about a fail, then a subsequent pass. Do you know for sure the dangerous parts were not repaired?

on the pass does it list any advisories, if they are similar to the fails on the previous test it may be questionable. But it is perfectly possible the garage brought the car up to pass condition then re MOT’ed it. 

How many miles have you put on it?

Hi

Thanks for that. There is no way that the work needed has been done. There are no advisories on the re MOT either.

I totally get that they could have MOTd it upto pass but the 3 locations of both MOTs and the dealer are a strange radius too.

Hi Adrok and welcome to CAG

If the mileage is almost 90K, I assume the car is beyond any warranty offered by Kia but please confirm it's age.

It would also help us to know the precise model and the approx price you paid.

You say "the suspension seemed well worn" but has this been confirmed by a garage, mechanic or other expert ?

And do you know the cause of the knocking you heard ?

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)