Central Trust***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just as well its not urgent Rob :classic_huh:

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I am now totally confused.

I have just had an email saying my credit score fell by over 200 points in July, I have checked the report and CT have registered a 'default' on the 22nd July 2022.

I have saved the screen shots and will forward to the Ombudsman if you feel that is needed? who is now dealing with the case, had an email update last week.

Are they able to default the same account again?

The last date they defaulted the account was:

Noted as 'Default' - 07/07/2008.

Noted as 'Default Sum Notice CCA' - 08/10/2008.

Many thanks in advance.

they can only send one default notice giving you 14 days yes.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

On 12/07/2019 at 14:53, Andyorch said:

03/11/2008 11:37 DOCUMENT
17/10/2008 23:22 DOCUMENT

There the ones Rob.....proof of default notice....Well statute barred.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

a d in the monthly reporting calender section or a date against the debt in the summary line that says defaulted date =dd/mm/yyyy

• Like 1

and they

I received a phone call from the ombudsman service today.

It appears CT have said they will not agree for them to investigate the case due to the time frame being over six years.

I pointed out that CT had for six years noted the account on the credit file as 'settled' and then changed it in 2019 to 'late' each month, therefore I had no reason to commence a complaint against them, but did so the moment I saw the updated information from settled to late,

she agreed and said even if CT still objected to the ombudsman investigating the case, it was within her power to enforce the investigation and proceed with it.

It appears the first problem I have is overcoming CT's opinion that the ombudsman can't investigate it due to the time limit, but I am confident I can now overcome that due to having screenshots of the credit file to show they did have 'settled' status noted on the credit file for six years.

My suspicions were right, they were playing a waiting game for the clock to run down.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update from today. I received a call from the Ombudsman who said she had been in touch with CT and notified them the Ombudsman will pursue the case on my behalf and that CT's opinion it was out of time, was not considered valid.

Today, CT informed the Ombudsman that they have now closed the account and written off any monies they considered to be outstanding, and would notify credit reference files to that effect.

However, I was able to tell the Ombudsman that the question of the default they added in July 2022 had yet to be sorted.

she is now going back to CT and asking for a written explanation of what exactly they are doing and done.

it now looks like the end of the road as far as CT is concerned.

The lesson here, and the Ombudsman agreed.

CT never pursued the debt in the early days, and had run down the clock for six years with my account being shown as 'settled',

then they updated the credit register with a new account followed a few months later by 'missed payment'.

They refused to change it until I made the complaint to the Ombudsman service, then they changed it to 'late' and then again to 'OK'.

Nine months later, the Ombudsman backlog had cleared and they were now going to deal with my case,

the credit file was changed to 'default' and they told the Ombudsman service I was outside the deadline for a complaint, therefore the Ombudsman could not deal with it.

Ombudsman told CT they had taken advice, and they were going to deal with my case, and a few days later CT completed a full 180, and they wrote the whole 24k off.

A strange tale indeed.

Well done!

Glad we helped.

It's what these scammers do..try to fleece mugs that typically know no better and blindly cough up 

This is an important win on many fronts.

So account gone from credit file totally now too??

Dx

and they

• Andyorch changed the title to Central Trust***Resolved***

Well done Rob I have amended your topic title.

Regards

Andy

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread