Central Trust***Resolved***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

then as they did not repo themselves they can't claim there is a shortfall as they didn't sell the house!! scammers!!

@andyorch, am i right?

only the seller of a home can claim any shortfall after sale?

• Like 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

despite the secured loan being the one that took the case to court and won possession.

The house was repossessed by the mortgage company Southern Pacific not Central Trust

Then it cant really be a shortfall to Central trust...simply a normal secured debt.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

And no longer secured so statute barred...6yrs. Never was 12 yrs as soon as the home was sold.?

• Like 1

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well not that quite cut and dry Dx secured loans can be treated as a mortgage type loan as in a deed and linked to the original Mortgagee as security.....so this is not unraveled yet and would come down to the T& Cs of the loan and default terms.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

i dont think we've seen those, so, rob, are the T&C's in the SAR you have?

• Like 1

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I have now received their final response to my complaint which is difficult to understand. But they do reject all my areas of complaint as well as suggesting the time limit to complain has elapsed.

They also don't appear to cover the statute barred complaint despite saying I did make the complaint.

I am not sure if I can upload this due to the amount of personal information?

There are four pages in total.

I will do it now and upload.

Many thanks.

Now attached as a PDF.

central trust complaint reply.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
added A few blank lines only..dx

On 04/12/2021 at 15:53, dx100uk said:

thieving robbers

i see they are adding interest every month since 2007 to:

brokers fees
legal fees.

not sure they are allowed too

penalty fees (all unlawful)

collections costs
solicitors fees 
field Agent fees.

put each one in our CIsheet 

put their int rate in cell D15

ALL are reclaimable 

did you?

• Like 1

and they

Hi. Many thanks. I have now downloaded the CLsheet and will get to work on that. Given this is now their final response, should I now start the Ombusman complaint? I have nothing more to say to Central Trust and I did feel this is how it would turn out.

lets see what kind of cards we are playing with here 1st rob.

you indicated recently a date CT stopped their interest, pop that in as the claimto date

then well moved to the next bit which is much easier.

whist you are delving info from the statements

add up all your successful payments in a std excel sheet too or however you wish. we'll need that figure too.

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. As an update I have now spoken to the Ombusman Service and in the process of making my complaint. I will do further updates when known. Many thanks for your continued help and support, much appreciated.

did you do the spreadsheets? 

• Like 1

and they

Hi.

On the spreadsheet, the interest payments only stopped in July 2019, I have not paid anything to them since 2011.

CT is claiming that all deadlines to pursue a claim with the Ombudsman has long passed including the original claim for PPI to pay for the loan when off work due to ill health.

The National Debt Line said I should ensure that I can provide the 'exceptional circumstances' why any deadlines should be ignored and they stressed would be key to the Ombudsman accepting the claim as valid.

This backs up what CT are saying, no point in looking at your cliam further as the deadlines have passed - NOT with 'exceptional circumstances' it hasn't.

My claim is for: 

1. My mental health condition at the time the claim was made (they can not say they weren't aware of that as they refunded £1700 insurance fee).

2. When a PPI claim was made, they never really dealt with it but updated the credit file from 2013 to 2019 as 'settled' therefore I would be right in presuming the dept was in fact settled, they wrote on my credit file it was.

3. They then updated the file in 2019 with missed payments and added a long term debt of £24k to the file, which they refused to change in 2019, but did change in December 2021, all of which I have screenshots of.

This caused me issues with credit as the score had flatlined for over two years until they did change it.

4. CT was deploying a deliberate attempt to 'buy time' to take me past the past six years deadline. After a long chat with Ombudsman, they have said my reasons for 'exceptional circumstances' are realistic and should be made as part of my claim.

5. My claim is for all of the 24k to be statute-barred/outstanding debt denied.

6. I am also seeking compensation for none payment of PPI and making it a condition of the loan acceptance and compensation for unlawful credit file entry causing considerable problems with seeking even simple basic credit such as mobile contracts.

The claim is now with the Ombudsman and as long as I can overcome any issue with time limits, I will be fine and looking forward to nailing them to the rafters.

I have received an email from the Ombudsman saying the claim has been received.

Edited by dx100uk
added A few blank lines only..dx

Looks promising.

Dx

• Like 1

and they

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just as an update. I have received an email from the Ombudsman saying the 4 month delay in handling my case has been increased between 9 and 12 months due to a huge number of cases being received. Not heard anything from CT. I will update the message when I have, hopefully, positive news.

• 1 month later...

Update: I have received a further email from the Ombusman to say my case is yet to be looked at and it may still be some time before they do.

• 4 weeks later...

Reads as if they have wrote the debt off...hence the amendments to your credit files.

• Like 1

OK cheers. I am not sure what the Ombudsman will do given they have the complaint, would they need to continue with it anyway?

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

Let it run with them and see what they find.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As an update: I have now received an email from the Ombudsman who is now dealing with the matter and written to CT for my files. States it can take two weeks. I will update again when I hear back. I have made them aware of the letter recently received.