Initial letter sent

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1903 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Don't phone. Let them call you and if they make contact tell them that the clock is ticking and they had better hurry. Don't try to justify youself or be derailed or dissuaded

They have a cheek thinking that theri customers are at their beck and call.

They don't get it that WE are the customer. They are the shopkeeper.

Do you always write in that texting shorthand? It's dreadful.

Don't phone. Let them call you and if they make contact tell them that the clock is ticking and they had better hurry. Don't try to justify youself or be derailed or dissuaded

They have a cheek thinking that theri customers are at their beck and call.

They don't get it that WE are the customer. They are the shopkeeper.

Do you always write in that texting shorthand? It's dreadful.

Unless they are prepared to foot the bill (i.e. give you an 0800 number to call) then I agree - don't call. I don't mind calling on an 0800 number because it's the bank that gets to foot the bill, but NO WAY would I use my own money to ring them just to explain why I've sued them.

If they don't know by now, they're completely out of touch!

Unless they are prepared to foot the bill (i.e. give you an 0800 number to call) then I agree - don't call. I don't mind calling on an 0800 number because it's the bank that gets to foot the bill, but NO WAY would I use my own money to ring them just to explain why I've sued them.

If they don't know by now, they're completely out of touch!

received letter today stating they require more info. they have asked what has triggered the complaint over this long period of time ( 6 years). They also have asked for the amount involved (which i am unsure of as i don't have all my statments) I get the impression they are wanting me to name the forum? Should i do this ? or just reply that i don't have the total amount yet as they haven't provided me with all my statment yet as reuested?

It doesn't matter if you name the forum. Don't worry.

However, I would suggest for this reason - that it is noe of their business and it is a diversion.

You set the dealdines and stick to them.

Have you sent them a DPA request? If so, then it is not open to negotiation and you would be best off telling them this in no uncertain terms.

If you can let us know a bit more about what you have said to them then we can advise you a bit more effectively.

Generally, don't bother to get into discussion with them. Say what you want and when you want it by and what will happen if you don't get it. That's all they need to know.

I sent the letter as per the template in the library( i think it is superceded now) i requested the info and informed them it was the start of the 40 day period. i also stated that if i hadn't received the cheque within 7 days i would be starting court proceedings. Does this mean i should start the proceedings without knowing the full amount or should i wait for the statements to arrive. sorry if this info is already on the forum

Guest stephen

you can do either, it realy up to you, some say its best to wait but if you claim more than the banks owe you there soon let you know!

I am sending of this letter to the halifax tommorrow, any comments??

Request for repayment of charges

I am writing to you regarding your response to my letter dated 18/2/06, you have asked me to provide more information to yourselves as to why I have instigated a request for the refunds of charges levied onto my account, I fail to see the relevance of this but will answer anyway. I instigated this request when I found out that the charges levied onto this account were not legal, also you bank made a profit of £4.81billion in the year 2005-2006 which is an obscene amount of money of which a large proportion is generated by your illegal charges. Your exorbitant charges often start a downward spiral of debt and depression for your customers as they cause severe financial hardship.

Your responsibilities

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I would also remind you that my last letter which was received by yourselves on the 21/02/2006 was a formal request under the data protection act for my statements for the last 6 Years, this gives you 40 days to provide this information to myself. Therefore if I have not received these requested statements by the 3rd of April 2006 I will be initiating proceedings for recovery in the county courts.

If you do not respond or you do not respond positively within this time period there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline.

Yours faithfully,

• 2 weeks later...

Receiced another letter from my branch manager stating my complaint had been passed on to customer services, have heard nothing from the yet. There 40 days are up on the 3/4/6 and i will be satrting my claim them. I haven't received my statements yets from the DPA but i did phone the halifax yesterday and asked for my statements and oaid £5 and was told i should have the statements within 7 days. ( Just anxious to know the exact ammount to claim for)

Goody. Can't wait :twisted:

• 2 weeks later...

i have now recieved my statements twice from the halifax and call me paranoid but i beleive they are being deliberately incompetent. The first set of statements omitted 5 years and when i complained they reordered the missing statements (at no cost) which i recieved this morning, they have improved as now i am only missing four years. ARGHH!!

I am initiating my claim on Monday, My branch is in Scotland i live in NI, i know there has been some discussion on other threads about which court to use but i am still unsure as to where to claim. Can i claim in NI or in Scotland. Sorry if this has been answered already

Received a reply today from Halifax offering 26% of their calculated charges, mine differ slightly. They offered this with the ususal clause of not claimed any more and any further charges stand etc..

I am declining politely and starting the small claims court on Monday.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how long it takes for the courts to issue a default decree? I returned my notice of default form last Tuesday and haven't heard anything yet? Is this normal or am i just impatient

The decree was at in the mail when i got home yesterday. it states that the amoungt to be recovered will be assessed by the district judge. Is this normally the case??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1903 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks