Wife not paid from work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife handed in her notice and was expecting her last wages on Friday but they have only paid her holiday pay. She was also due 3 weeks ssp which was not paid

When she phoned her ex employer they said they would try to pay her by the 15th of this month. 2 and a half weeks later. 

Surely this can't be right and is not reasonable to wait this long. There is a likeyhood that she will incur bank charges over this

Any advice ?

Tell them that you need the money now and if they don't pay immediately they will be liable for any bank charges.

Then if you have to use your overdraft and pay something to the bank, bill them.

Do all of this in writing and stay off the phone.

Be wary of anyone telling you that employers can withhold payment.

If what you said is all correct, they cannot for whatever reason.

Edited by king12345

Give them 14 days in a formal letter to cough up, no email a letter with free proof of postage from the Post Office.

What was the payment frequency Monthly, weekly or some other period?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It's just letting them know you haven't forgotten, give, them 7 days if you have been kept on a string, they might start spouting payroll frequency, and other avoiding tactics.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Immediate payment,  non negotiable. 

Failing that they will have to pay for all bank charges.

Let them know in unmistakable words. 

Any bs they tell you about cycling, accounts etc, it's just bs.

Take no crap and stand up for your right to be paid on time.

Little story for you: there was a delayed payment and they said they would pay me next payslip.

Next day i didn't go to work.

They called me and asked what happened. 

I said: "I'll come to work next month. As you can delay payment of my wages, surely I can delay work, correct?"

I was paid same day and nobody ever mentioned that day off I took.

However,  I don't suggest to do the same to anyone,  unless you're a loose cannon.

2 hours ago, ericsbrother said:

what is the usual salary run cycle? if she gets paid monthly then they will pay her at the end of the month after she ahs left so they can tie up all of the loose ends

She left on the 15th and get a paid last day of the month. They paid her remaining holiday pay but did not pay 3 weeks ssp as she has been ill and off work

then politey ask if it will be paid in the next salary run and act according to their response.

A common problem is that the accounts peopel dont know that anything different has happened so just punch the same buttons each month