United Trust Bank Secured Loan Repossession - Help & Advice Needed with letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1815 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My main mortgage lender Britannia currently have a repossession order and threatening eviction due to arrears. I have a separate thread for this, but not sure how to add a link.

Also have another secured loan for £20,000 with Evolution (separate thread) who are now pursuing action through the courts and trying to claim over £60,000.

Secured loan with United Trust Bank, who have been uncooperative with any attempt to negotiate and ignored any complaints, bullied me over the phone and despite complaining about their aggressive field agent visits to property (which have contributed to severe nervous breakdown), they have sent me a letter saying they do not care about my complaint, do not accept my proposals and have added a fee for their field agent costs to my account. They are also continuing to write to me informing me of various fees and interest being added to my account. 

There has been some communications via email and I have made complaint over the phone, but no formal complaint in writing. Due to their abuse over the phone, I feel unable to speak to them anymore and they have also demanded that I send them memorandum of sale / proof of sale of property completing within 7 days... Which was before the property was even being marketed for sale. They also demanded that I sign an agreement allowing them to communicate with my estate agents.

I sent a SAR, which was ignored several times before they finally sent a disc - Although I did specifically request hardcopies. 

I am thinking of sending them a letter, but not sure whether to be firm with a written formal complaint, or to send a pleading letter, including evidence from my GP of mental health problems & details of the property now being marketed for sale. Not sure what to write as am suffering such high stress and do not know what to do for the best.... Just trying to avoid them issuing any court / repossession proceedings, as already struggling to cope with the existing problems with main mortgage and other secured loan.

I also believe this loan may have been mis-sold to me, however as I am trying & hoping that I can still sell the property myself, I am reluctant to start any kind of dispute over alleged debt / damages as worried that might jeopardise any sale going through if I did manage to sell property myself and the debt was in dispute...

Any help or advice of what I should write to them to prevent making my situation any worse would be appreciated. 

5 hours ago, ericsbrother said:

you need to be firm, calculate what they owe you in unlawful fees and interest and tell them to deduct this from the balance.

all thi is covered in other threads so you are not alone

Thank you for the reply. 

I have no way at the moment of calculating exact fees and not sure exactly what they are/are not allowed to charge. Also I'm trying to sell the house at the moment and worried that starting any kind of dispute over balance may cause problems with sale completing once a sale has been agreed. (Presuming I am not evicted in the meantime). 

More concerned with trying to stop them pursuing repossession as trying to deal with repossession from the main mortgage at the moment.

Am thinking of sending them letter asking them to give me time to sell the house and including GP letter about nervous breakdown and evidence of property on the market.... Also worried they will attempt to contact/harrass my estate agents as they were trying to demand I sign a consent to allow them control to do that, which am also worried could jeopardise the property on the market. Not sure exactly what to write in letter.