Anyone here do woodwork?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1856 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm looking at building a hot tub enclosure and just wondered if anyone can see if this sounds about right

The base is going to be 3x2 lumber, 7inch gap between beams with decking board across the top of that. 

This is likely to be raised about 2 inches at most to deal with uneven concrete but the supports are likely to be every 5-7 inches apart again

It's only one of the inflatable tubs at 700l so not as heavy as a real tub but obviously I still don't want it to fall through

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

3x2 base will fail.

You need to build a proper base made of at least 6x2 treated timber.

Unless you have a solid concrete base and you just need the tub to be off it, in which case even 2x2 will be ok

700l of water is 700kg.  Plus the weight of the bodies! - approaching a metric tonne

It is a solid concrete base 

May have to have a rethink though the frame is just to level out the ground but will be raised by an inch or 2

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

You can create a chess frame of 3x2 or 2x2 and sink it into sand cement mix to compensate for uneven concrete.

Otherwise,  level out the concrete and you'll be in business. 

Use bal or mapei flexible self levelling compound.

The base includes a manhole cover hence the need for it to movable

Think we have made a solution by moving the position to a corner of the lawn, so it's moved to 4 uprights, 3 half height walls and a roof - and cut a chunk off the price, now deciding if to use 2x2 or 3x2s as the uprights thinking 3x2

Please note: