Job at university

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1865 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And then there are questions if in the future I want to rent a place to live. Where will I get the references. I don't think KFC give references to landlords how how would l be able to get a place of my own with myself or someone I love

Sam, this is a good link for people going to university with learning difficulties and/or severe autism/mental health problems - having read your posts you certainly fit into one of these categories so maybe contact them for advice on things like how to rent/how to cook/how to work, - all the things that the majority of 26yr olds take for granted as basic life skills of being an adult.

https://www.savethestudent.org/save-money/health/mental-health-at-university.html

You can always ask KFC if they'll match the benefits McDonalds give but unless you are applying for a top management position there I'm sure you'll be wasting your breath. They have standard benefits for staff in their stores and they won't change them for you. 

The obvious response is that if you want the benefits McDonalds offer apply to McDonalds not KFC!

2 minutes ago, Flesh Gordon said:

Sam, this is a good link for people going to university with learning difficulties and/or severe autism/mental health problems - having read your posts you certainly fit into one of these categories so maybe contact them for advice on things like how to rent/how to cook/how to work, - all the things that the majority of 26yr olds take for granted as basic life skills of being an adult.

https://www.savethestudent.org/save-money/health/mental-health-at-university.html

Um I have dyspraxia but I don't have anything severe. I was bullied at school and have had people not believing in me which is why I have not achieved as much as other people my age or younger. I only started college in 2013 when I was 20. I am trying it's just difficult. I mean I have never had a job, I cant drive, I don't go to uni yet, I cant cook well, I have only just learnt to iron, I have never had a girlfriend and Iive with my family. My stepbrother is younger, drives, been to uni  has a supermarket job and also is getting married. I want what he has

5 minutes ago, Ethel Street said:

You can always ask KFC if they'll match the benefits McDonalds give but unless you are applying for a top management position there I'm sure you'll be wasting your breath. They have standard benefits for staff in their stores and they won't change them for you. 

The obvious response is that if you want the benefits McDonalds offer apply to McDonalds not KFC!

I missed interviews at McDonalds so have been blacklisted 

Sam, I don't wish to sound rude but you clearly have issues greater than just "a bit of bullying and dyspraxia". May I suggest you visit your GP and request some CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) which may help you get to the root of why you are living (by your own admission) like a 5 year old child.

It may prove the breakthrough you need. And help you understand why people seem to misjudge you, and why approaching 30 you can't cook/can't iron, never worked, struggling to understand basic human interactions?  

I have told you why I am like the way I am. I have dyspraxia. I didn't want to do things. I had a father who never believed in me. Told me I could never achieve things. I have friends that tell me I'm stupid and tell me i am thick and will never be able to cope. I lost confidence. My grandfather had a stroke he has parkinsons. I had to look after him. I have had so many things wrong with me and have so many things wrong with me. I want to beat my stepbrother I want to be better then him. I want to be married have a car have a job and to have been to uni. I want to have a better penis and to lose weight and to have less spots over my face. 

Well, as I say, all the things you mention are certainly things a good GP could help you with - the physical and the psychological.

The only useful advice I can give you is to make an appointment asap. Anything else is just pissin' in the wind - you certainly don't sound like any 26yr old who had a mildly unhappy childhood that I've ever met, to be honest. I think your problems are far, far deeper than that. Problems only a healthcare professional can help with. But feel free to rant on an anonymous internet forum if it helps in the short term.

Best wishes, 

FG.

I'm out.  

I have tried all of that before it did not work. I'm still single, still don't have a job, still not at uni, still cant drive, still have spots, still am fat. I am still unloverable and still have a shit penis. You know what I have had it with this world. I am going to just end it all. I'm never going to be successful and jumping on the tracks will be so much easier because no one will miss me

My stepbrother had won. I have lost. I don't care I am at university i am too far gone and cant be in this world

I mean only Wednesday I was the happiest I have been because I went to a university open day on my own. I got some ok information but then back to reality I'm not there yet. What should I be proud of. My mum and stepdad have my stepsister and stepbrother to be proud of I am just a nuisance and am not needed in the planet. I serve no purpose :classic_sad:

Hello. I don't know why my main account is not working very well. But i just want to create a new one because I can't be part of this site for a long while. I need to sort out my mental state and be proud of what I can do with getting a job and doing university. I have contacted people and they have advised me what to do. So for now goodbye but i have to think of myself

Why is there some issues with my account. I can't seem to message people and its taking a long time to load and going slow. Also i want to say i am not going to be on hear for a long while. I need to sort myself out so until i do its goodbye 

• AndyOrch changed the title to Finding a Job
  • 5 weeks later...

You can still get fast-food jobs without experience, they're not expecting perfect candidates every time. Personality, just come across as someone positive who can get the work done, any culinary experience even just a quick online course it separates you from the rest, show an interest in the brand again shows you're making the bit of effort, being able just to think on your feet there are situational tests you can get free ones here, might not help much but yet again, it's the extra effort you show. You'd be amazed how many job interviews are about finding someone who can do the job, much more than someone who's perfect for the job you know what I mean, hope this helps. 

Edited by truffy
typo

• 4 weeks later...

the one that pays the most

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Fast food outlets are pretty good and flexible to fit in with your Uni Life 

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Best place to find a job is your local Job Centre.

Because employers struggle to recruit people through other channels, they are increasingly finding that Job Centres are the best way to find people available to start work straightaway. 

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Don't have job boards at Jobcentre's  where I live, just access to computers to surf Job Sites, and log in to UC.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!