tweenies v Halifax SETTLED IN FULL !!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A letter of request of payment of charges was sent on Monday 10th of April 06 by recorded delivery, giving 14 days to reply. No DPA was required as we have all statements and letters of charges that was needed. To date Saturday 22nd April no reply or phone call has been received from the bank. We will now progress by issuing a letter by recorded delivery on Monday 24th April with a final LBA. We will keep you posted with any developments.:p

Looks like you've got got this all in hand, so good luck.:D

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

LBA due to be sent today, but can i ask a quick question we sent the request letter to trinity road do we have to send LBA letter there has well or could we take it to our local branch?

I think it is recommended you stick to the one address, although I don't think it would hurt to give a copy to your local branch too.

Good luck with this! I'm at exactly the same stage as you so it'll be good to track how your claim is going!

laura

DPA sent to Halifax 7th March

Request for Repayment sent 5th April £407

Offer of £238 received 21st April

Acceptance of offer but not as FFS & LBA sent 21st April

Papers taken to Sheriff Court 15th May - hearing set for 11th August

SETTLED 9TH JUNE £407 + £39 EXPENSES :)

Request for Repayment of charges sent to GE money (Monsoon) sent 28th April

LBA sent 12th May

Called GE Money who denied receiving any correspondence, cheque should be sent out in the next 7 days...

Cheque received 7th June

LBA sent on 24th april giving them 7 days to respond, halifax recived this on the 25th (checked on line) and today (26th) we recived a standered reply saying they would look into our concerns has quickly has possible but no later than 4 weeks we presumed this was in response to our first request has they did not reply to that but looking at the first line it says thank you for your letter on the 25th of april which is when they recived LBA so it looks like a response to the LBA so has they have responded although not the response we wanted do we still give them the remander of the 7 days or go ahead with court action:confused:

stick to your deadline and go to court - they'll put you off forever if they can

laura

DPA sent to Halifax 7th March

Request for Repayment sent 5th April £407

Offer of £238 received 21st April

Acceptance of offer but not as FFS & LBA sent 21st April

Papers taken to Sheriff Court 15th May - hearing set for 11th August

SETTLED 9TH JUNE £407 + £39 EXPENSES :)

Request for Repayment of charges sent to GE money (Monsoon) sent 28th April

LBA sent 12th May

Called GE Money who denied receiving any correspondence, cheque should be sent out in the next 7 days...

Cheque received 7th June

.... do we still give them the remander of the 7 days or go ahead with court action:confused:

On balance, you might be better waiting (I presume their letter stated, in clear terms, that they will not refund?) as this could give you more ammo if it ever reached a judge.

Plus, what's another week in the grand scheme?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

We received a phone call today at 4.25pm from Halifax saying that as a goodwill gesture they would be willing to pay £638 from the £2217 owed we are going to decline the offer and press ahead with any necessary action.

You are advised to write to them accepting the sum they have offered, but ONLY ON CONDITION that you will continue to claim the remainder, in court if necessary.

This gives you more brownie points should it reach court. In all likelyhood, they will either increase or withdraw the offer.

No loss there then!

We recived a letter on the 28th April offering the £638 from previous phone call (26/4/06) we have let them know through e-mail that whilst we except the offer it would only be on the condition that they either

A,Paid in full or

B,court action would be persued if the above did not occur

my question today is the 7 day deadline is up today if going from the day letter was sent or tommorow if going from day the letter was recived but due to the fact that it is a bank holiday today would it look better if it was to get to court if we gave them an extra 24 hrs? :?

You would normally assume that the mail you sent would be received the next working day.

If you hold on until tomorrow, you won't do yourself any harm, and it's not much of a dealy, but you would not have to do this.

Spoke to the bank this morning offering them an extra 24 hours as a good will gesture with the bank holiday. Helen Rawnsley refused the offer and said that the £646 was a final offer and the extra 24 hours was not needed. Legal action has began through Money claim, details filled in and case file being drawn together ready for court! They should receive their summons in 5 to 6 days. Gladiators ready! Howard do you feel up to it mate because who’s going to give you extra!:razz:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
:) Mrs twennies is doing a little jig around the living room,why?i hear you ask well halifax have paid up today.at about 4:45 pm i know it was'nt before then has i had been checking and only 6 weeks from first request horray i am so chuffed thank you thank you thank you a donation will be on it's way once i recive confermation letter.what do i do now do i ring the courts?

(taken from the General forum.............)

When You Get Your Refund

It is important to consider what to do once you have had your money refunded by the bank. If you have raised your claim with the court, and the bank has settled, please do the following:

• Write to the court: notify them that your claim has been settled, and that you now consider the claim closed
  • Write to the bank: thank them for settlement for THIS claim
  • Fill in the survey: BAG needs to know which banks are settling, and how much for
  • PM Dave/BF: let them know that your 'litigation in progress' is now 'litigation concluded'
  • Visit - and use - the donate button: your donation will help keep the site available for other people
  • Go and celebrate :-)

(clearly, if you have not raised your claim at court, then you do not need to do the first and fourth tasks...)

CONGRATULATIONS

Well I Have Not Received The Confimation Letter Today So Will Have To Wait Another Day Before I Do Anything About Moneyclaim.i Am Still Sooooo Happy. Could I Have Paid In Full Added To My Title Please? And Thank You Again Great Site And Donation Is On It's Way:)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks