Neighbour Ignores Party Wall Request

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1778 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My neighbour seemed to have covered the hole but there is no sign it had been back filled.  Apparently the promised structural engineered (if he has done so) has not come to investigate. TBH I have little faith in believing him as he had constantly broken his words through my experience.

The picture of the hole is attached. I am still worried about the open hole. Is anything I can do before I file a formal complain?

trial pit.jpg

Thank you!

We tried at weekend but was refused. They said their structural engineer needs to see it. They promised the engineer is coming early this week but there is no sign of it.

Unfortunately the hole is on their side and I could not get there without passing their locked gate. The gate was erected only after we had sent out first letter.

I do not want to make a big fuss to constraint the already awkward relationship. I only wish their project would be done safely and according to regulation.

Is the hole OK to be left open without compromising the foundation of my property?

• 3 months later...

My neighbour has started their work.

Although they constantly promised the depth of their foundation would not go deeper than mine (to avoid the party wall act and the money involved). The trench they dug last week was actually 40cm deeper than mine, which was confirmed by their building control officer. T

he BCO and I requested the trench to be concreted ASAP but they got aggressive to me and accused us to trespass their property when I went to see the survey done the BCO.

What a nasty person!

What should I do?

Any advice please!

Will the trench undermine the foundation of my side wall?

I understand I can file a court injunction to stop their work but should I really go down to the formal dispute?

I seriously need some advice please.

Apparently my neighbour fill part the trench with dirty they have dug and argue the depth is NOT deeper than mine. Fortunately his Building Control Officer had already took some picture last week and logged the case. In the meantime it may not be wise to argue with them as the trench is already dug. I need them to fill it ASAP and see how things developed.

Any advice please?