CRS help needed re Xercise4less

sarahl_
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I know there are numerous people on here regarding these companies but I need advice.

I joined the gym before it opened on the computers in the building. I never received a copy of my contract only 2 emails - one welcoming me to Xercise4less and the other the dd confirmation.

I started uni a couple of years later and a dd payment failed. I incorrectly thought I could cancel just by cancelling my dd due to the emails - I had nothing to say otherwise. I had 2 charges of £20, Googled the gym and found the online forms to which I just got an answer 2 weeks later to say my account was in arrears then another 20 charge was added. Then a 60.

I queried this with the gym which refused to do anything. I ignored letters and calls with the last letter being Jan 2017. In Feb 2018 I moved house and set up redirection for mail. In March 2018 I got a letter at the new house adding 37 tracing fee! I queried this and said that as I hadnt heard anything I didn't think to inform them but had the redirection in place in case of anything like this. They refused to remove the fee.

I took this further, the financial ombudsmen don't deal with gym membership so I took it to the csa. They defended CRS and their charges. CRS have now started chasing again for the £207 and threatening legal action. I have offered 5 a month but no reply. I'm scared of any action as I haven't a clue. Please help.

Thank you

ignore them

they are totally powerless and don't do court anyway.

the other alternative is to sent the slick132 letter in many threads here

offering ONE MONTH only membership and no fees paid

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...