GE Money / Purpleloans - Offence Commited

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6343 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Tut Tut,

40 Days have now passed from SAR was recieved by GE Money and no Information has arrived.

Sent them a reminder Yesterday..lol And the argue in their defence that they and their sales reps work to a code of practice..mmm

This Im sure will also be a help to me with the ongoing case I have with them regarding the Mis Selling of PPI..

Shamus Jivraj

Compliance Dept.

GE Money Purple Loans Limited

Malvern House

Croxley Business Park

Watford

Hertfordshire

WD18 8YF

21st November 2006

Failure to Comply Notice

Data Protection Act 1998

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxx

Dear Shamus,

I am writing to inform you that you have failed to supply Information requested under section 7 of the Data Protection Act within 40 Days. You have now committed an offence under the above act.

I am prepared on this occasion as a Gesture of Goodwill to allow you a Further 7 Days to comply fully with the above mentioned request. The 7 days will commence on receipt of this notice to your office by means of recorded delivery first class post.

(Recorded Delivery Receipt Number DH 4265 0688 6GB)

Failure to comply fully within 7days will result in the following Actions being taken.

a) A summons will be raised via Dundee Sheriff Court to obtain the requested information. This will of course result in a claim for an unspecified amount in way of damages (this be left to the discretion of the court), and a claim to recover all legal fees and court cost in relation to bringing this matter to court.

b) A complaint will be lodged with the Information Commissioners Office that Ge Money and yourself are not a fit Company / Person to hold Data under the data protection act 1998

For your reference I have detailed the dates and evidence of my Subject Access Request

Subject Access Request Dated 12th October 2006 sent Recorded Delivery along with Cheque for the Max fee of £10.00 (Cheque Number 000287) (Recorded Delivery Receipt Number DH 4265 0675 3GB)

Letter received by GE Money on 13th October 2006 (40 Days Commence from this date)

(Calculated 40 day deadline 21st November 2006)

2nd November 2006 – Letter received from GE Money requesting additional signature

and further proof of residence).

2nd November 2006 – Reply to above letter with addition signature and copies of

documents as requested, sent by Recorded Delivery 02 November 2006.

(Recorded Delivery Ser Number DH 4265 0700 8GB)

6th November 2006 – Above Letter received by GE Money

Yours faithfully,

• Haha 1

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hi just reading this with interest....

Im just claiming back my ge money charges and im amazed at the amount per month ive been charged per month in ppi ive been charged,and i cannot remember signing up for it either as a work for an agency.

Ive got my statements back today with 10 months missing and after been on the phone an hour they,ve said they might be missing from there system.(which i,ll have to tackle when they confirm this)

anyway my question is do i claim for my charges first then my mis sold ppi or doesnt it matter???

Halifax cc Won settled in full after moneyclaim.

MBNA WON SETTLED IN FULL....

IKEA Data Protection Act sent 12/7/06 prelim sent 11/08/2006 gone to moneyclaim Ikea said they,d pay up but have yet to see the money

Halifax current Won!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my Information from them Today, Witha fair bit of it missing, Must have been something to do with the above letter that was also faxed to the Customer Services Manager..

I would go ahead and Start on the Mis-sold PPI too Delly, Though I have found this lot to be dead slow and aregant in their responses so far..

They have till the 28th of Novemebr to fully respond to my complaint relating to mis-sold PPI..then if nothing possitive Its off to Court with these shower..lol

Ian

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

I was on the phone to them today getting really frustrated the person i spoke to just kept saying why do you want them or we send the statements out on the 30th of each month just save those! bloody idiots!:rolleyes:

good luck i,ll be watching your posts!

I got my Information from them Today, Witha fair bit of it missing, Must have been something to do with the above letter that was also faxed to the Customer Services Manager..

I would go ahead and Start on the Mis-sold PPI too Delly, Though I have found this lot to be dead slow and aregant in their responses so far..

They have till the 28th of Novemebr to fully respond to my complaint relating to mis-sold PPI..then if nothing possitive Its off to Court with these shower..lol

Ian

Halifax cc Won settled in full after moneyclaim.

MBNA WON SETTLED IN FULL....

IKEA Data Protection Act sent 12/7/06 prelim sent 11/08/2006 gone to moneyclaim Ikea said they,d pay up but have yet to see the money

Halifax current Won!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with your fight too..I will watch with Interest too...

They seem to be a right shower of Plonkers to say the least..I was dealing with one who just kept repeating himself in letters and not getting to the main part of my complaint..

Well my Complaint is now with their Customer Services Manager..who has until the 28th to respond fully ..

I also have a complaint in with the FSA , the FISA and i did also complain to the FOS..the FOS say sorry can't help as GE Money Home Lending did not come under their Jurisdiction till after 31st October 2004.. so some help they were..lol.

Mind you at least the FOS have responded, more than the FSA or FISA have as yet.

I have found GE to be very hard work..well more frustrating than anything, I think they hope you will just give up and go away..I have felt like that at times but glad to say ..Im going to fight to the bitter end..lol

Ian

• 1 month later...

Finally a response from the ICO..

Complaint being taking seriously and passed to Casework team for investigation..

Alocated Case ref number and should now hear any outcome within 25 days or so.

Im hanging fire with court papers until all the info recieved, the more breaches that this lot make will only make then even more unprofessional, if that is possible..lol

Ian