Breach of GDPR?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I sent an SAR to a company, they have only partly responded with bits of data, much has been withheld. I have sent a further letter stating that they have not complied fully with the SAR and that if i don't receive the remaining items, then I will proceed to complain to the ICO and take it to court.

My question is, do i complain to the ICO first and then go to court for nominal damages, or do I make a court claim first, then send my complaint with the judgement to the ICO?

Thanks.

I personally favour going to court for damages because it keeps you in control of the process and (if successful) it imposes a financial cost on the organisation for the breach of your rights.

Both processes take time the big differnce being the Court route costs hard cash, the application fee initially being some £355 or thereabouts but providing you can prove they have done nothing or there are bits missing you can crack the whip against them.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you're going to court to enforce the disclosure of the requested information it may cost £355. If you're suing for non-material damages due to their failure to provide the information requested it's a good deal less.

There's already case law in existence regarding non-material damages for distress in cases where data legislation has been breached: https://www.gov.im/lib/docs/odps/cl_halliday_v_creation_consumer_fina.pdf