HELP! Barclays chargeback failed

bumabear
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, I hope someone can point me in the right direction or help with a Barclays / Alibaba issue

I made a first time purchase through Alibaba 3 months ago - checked with Alibaba if my purchase is covered by their trust assurance guarantee ( and was assured it was covered )

Because it was my first time using Alibaba - I used my Barclays credit card hoping that if anything went wrong I would be covered.

I paid for the machine (3k) and received a tracking number - a week later I was contacted by the seller saying TNT had change the tracking number - they then gave me a new number.

2 weeks later I was contacted by TNT saying that the shipment was damaged - but is still on route for delivery, they were unable to tell me how damaged it was at that point but to mark the shipment down as damaged as soon as it arrives.

Shipment was delivered completely damaged (its a machine, and the lid to the crate was smashed in half)

On opening the crate, the machine was NOT in there - just some parts to the machine, I contacted Alibaba - who told me to contact the buyer, buyer then does not respond.

So I contacted Barclays - who put the claim in over the phone and told me to wait for documents in the post, 2 weeks later the documents in the post then arrived confirming the claim, but nothing asking me for more information.

I then chased this up weekly with Barclays, and every time I called them or contacted them through their in account messenger service I was told. To be patient someone will be in contact.

By that time I had then received an email from Alibaba saying that since I have not raised any queries - they will now release the money to the seller (why would I worry since my claim was already in with Barclays)

In the 4th week on my claim and still not being contacted by Barclays - I called them again, and asked to speak to the UK team - I then got put through to the UK disputes team, and the woman I spoke to was quite surprised that my issue had not been dealt with yet - I explained to her that because you (Barclays) had taken so long to deal with this Alibaba have now release the money to the seller.

She then asked me to provide all the evidence of purchase including the email from TNT confirming damaged to the shipment.

I sent all this through, and got a prompt lets back from them 3 days later saying that are crediting the money to my account - but Alibaba could still dispute this.

In the mean time I have had to purchase a much more expensive machine from somewhere else which has promptly arrived.

2 days ago I have now received a letter from Barclays stating that they will not be able to pursue my claim - as Alibaba have come back, and said that I did not raise the issue with them - and that I should go back to TNT and raise the issue with TNT.

Barclays have now also stated that they will be unable to pursue as this is a 3rd party site, and the 3k they have credited to my account will now be debited in 14 days.

I have since gone back to Alibaba - who have said their is nothing they can do as the money has been released to the seller, if Barclays had not dragged their feet in responding to this window would have not lapsed.

What are my rights regarding this charged back ? I am a very small start up business and seems I may have to close before I have even started.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you so much

Thank you for your reply SGTBUSH

Alibaba is similar to Ebay, where it is a platform for Wholesalers to list their product for sale, but there are assurances

-if the product doesn't arrive or is not what you purchased you are protected by the platform. so very similar to Ebay.

It works similar to Escrow, where you have a time period to claim within

- but the claim was with Barclays at this time, as well as the seller had changed the tracking number.

Essentially my claim period ran out as Barclays were not getting back to me.

I'm now being told to go back to TNT even though it is the sellers TNT account.

Hopefully this makes sense, i'm in a real panic at the moment :Cry:

I've just looked at alibaba.com and its payment terms etc.

You DO NOT have a section 75 claim and never have had.

Its a third party payment system.

Just like PayPal, the credit card company's make it very clear. You do not have a direct payment with the supplier.

Your claim has always been with alibaba.

Seek redress thru them

luckily as you have been here since 2014 you will have read our customer services guide and you have recorded the telephone calls which you had with Barclays Bank

That is extremely good because it means that you will have evidence to support the conversations that you had where Barclays seem to have lead you around

Send Barclays an sar and get all the information they have and then come back here