Cabot/shoos claimform - yorkshire bank OD - stayed 4yrs - now SJ threat

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1774 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So for example, I pay it in full, then manage to prove beyond doubt that the account wasn’t mine, say 2 years later, can I appeal then or is there a time limit. Just trying to think of possible options later

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You usually have 21 days to appeal against a County Court decision

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry to keep going on about this, but I am trying to get more information from Yorkshire bank about the account number that wasn’t mine and still thinking about appealing depending on what they come back with.

if i do appeal, does the ccj then get put on hold until the outcome of the appeal, then the month to pay timer starts again.

The most important thing to me is to avoid the ccj being entered as that can’t happen under any circumstances  

17 minutes ago, robingetz said:

Sorry to keep going on about this, but I am trying to get more information from Yorkshire bank about the account number that wasn’t mine and still thinking about appealing depending on what they come back with.

if i do appeal, does the ccj then get put on hold until the outcome of the appeal, then the month to pay timer starts again. No

The most important thing to me is to avoid the ccj being entered as that can’t happen under any circumstances  Best settle it then and then consider an appeal out of time.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

No time actually stated in the regs...but making an appeal now within the 21 days is far less complicated and takes quite a while to process so gather your information...you can always drop the appeal if you research turns out pointless 

1 hour ago, Andyorch said:

No time actually stated in the regs...but making an appeal now within the 21 days is far less complicated and takes quite a while to process so gather your information...you can always drop the appeal if you research turns out pointless 

But I still need to pay in full within a month in the meantime to avoid the ccj?

Correct......then appeal if you win they refund.

And the respondents costs if you lose :(

Hi Andy 

just wondering about what happens now, when do I pay and when will the ccj show, am I right in thinking that the ccj goes on and then you apply to get it removed once payment has been made 

thanks

You will get notification from the court re judgment and when it must be paid by...Its automatically removed if paid within the given dates.

Notification.....Notice of Judgment or General form of  Judgment  ?

You pay the Claimants Solicitor

Must be forthwith then if there is no date stated .