Poor reporting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Poor reporting by the BBC.

he number of parking tickets issued by car park management firms in Britain hit a record 5.65m last year, analysis of government driver data suggests.

The RAC Foundation says the number rose by almost a fifth in a year and was far above levels of a decade ago.

Motorists face charges of as much as £100 for contraventions such as overstaying, it said.

The government is backing a bill to introduce a new code of practice for the private parking industry.

The motoring research group said the number of tickets issued in the 2017-18 financial year rose from 4.71m - a year-on-year increase of nearly 20%. A decade ago 499,000 tickets were issued.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43912327

I read that too and the word that hit me was of course 'PENALTY'. I don't know if the BBC are dumbing this down so that some uneducated person who wouldn't know the difference would get it.

At least they haven't said 'FINE' in the version I read.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE