style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So, my OH is online right now giving money to the Sally Army and I've given a paltry amount to this site.

Now I want serious recommendations for small charities for the last of our spare cash.

My two big interests are the homeless and mental health (obviously linked).

If anyone knows of a charity where £20 could make a difference I'm honestly interested.

Well, when I send my Christmas cards in the post at the start of December I often choose a charity at random and send a cheque for £5 to that charity inside a Christmas card.

In recent years, my Christmas donations has been to Stonewall, Parkinson's UK, and Caring at Christmas. Last year's donation was to the Great Ormond Street Children's Hospital, and this year, I have decided to make my donation to the ManKind Initiative - they seem to be an organisation that would benefit me more personally than the others that I have donated to so far.

I am very impartial when it comes to donating - I believe that one donation each to six different charities helps more people than six donations to just one charity.

Merry Christmas.

A CAG member is who I am

I really hate things if they are a [prob-lam]

I am supporting a small charity that captures feral cats and kittens, arranges them to be neutered then finds them safe homes on such as farms, stables and other cat friendly places, they also take in lost and unwanted tame cats and either tries to find their owners or arranges them new homes!

Its name is Alley cats and kittens, based in Southport

So, my OH is online right now giving money to the Sally Army and I've given a paltry amount to this site.

Now I want serious recommendations for small charities for the last of our spare cash.

My two big interests are the homeless and mental health (obviously linked).

If anyone knows of a charity where £20 could make a difference I'm honestly interested.

one i have seen around online recently is a bus for the homeless etc which seems to be progressing.

the sally army do it, but other smaller charities re the ark project are also.

just a thought to your query :)

IMO

:-):rant: