Thames Credit Avoiding CCA request

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

A friend of mine received exactly the same reply from Thames and also received his £1 cheque back. I just want to ask what shall he send them in reply to the letter?

As someone has mentioned above he needs to remind them of the deadline of 12 working days...is this from receipt of the original letter he sent? This was signed by them on the 5th Feb.

P.S He told me the debt was from 11 years ago!

...is this from receipt of the original letter he sent?

Yes.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Guys,

Just to update you, my friend sent the CCA request on the 4th Feb which was received by Thames on the 5th.

He then got a reply which is exactly the same as the one in the first post.

A second letter was sent on the 11/02 and was recieved on the 12/02 by Thames and the letter restated the CCA request with another £1 for payment.

Today he received this letter:

What should he do next?

Thanks in advance!

Aren't Thames Credit a part of Aktiv Kapital?

Anyhow, I don't think he should do anything. Thames probably realise that they're wee'ing into the wind on this as they can't meet the CCA so rather than face sanctions they're returning it to the debt 'owner'.

I wouldn't be doing anything once the deadline has passed. Remember, the onus is on the DCA to prove the debt, not for your friend to chase them for proof.

The request has been made, Thames can't fulfil it and has passed it back. There's nothing they can do, and they know it.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update. The deadline for the CCA request has now passed(21/02) and my friend has still not received the CCA. However he has noticed that they have taken the £1 payment from his account for the request... is there anything that can be done now that the deadline has passed?

Cheers