Changes to residental parking conditions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have just received a letter from the Management Company restricting the type of vehicles allowed to park within the residential development. - they are trying to ban large vehicles, specially stating "no commercial vehicles, vans trucks, campervans, motorhomes, minibuses and caravans, unless authorised.

The justification given is limited car parking and blocking sunlight to flats adjacent to roads.

As a considerate resident, I park my small campervan, based on a Peugeot Boxer away from any flats so as not to block their light. The footprint of the vehicle is no bigger than a large car.

My lease grants me the right to use the roads as long as I do not hinder the access and parking of other. There are no allocated spaces, some are well away from flats and do not obstruct light. On the occasions I could not park here, I have parked on a public road.

I am looking for advice - could the new restrictions be a derogation of grant, as lease does not specific type of vehicle.

I want to fight this, as it is one or two individuals on the Management company who inflict this o the many.

Regards

Might be worth getting the other Leaseholders on message and complain/resist the Management company, after all the others might be adversely affected by this in some other way, as display of Permits etc, payment for said Permits etc later on once they have got what they want accepted.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

If there's no restriction in your lease about the type of vehicle you can park then so long as you don't breach any other condition, e.g. causing a nuisance by blocking someone's light, then the management company have no right to impose restrictions. Even the landlord couldn't make any changes without your permission.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

look at your lease. If there is nothing regarding parking restrictions then theoretically the management co have nothing to say about it without risking being sued by you and others.

However, ther may well be a general catch all about not interfering with others enjoyment of their property so that can include the right to light etc. The managemnt co should then deal with thi on a case by case basis rather than employing soem ignorant parking co who claim to have all the answers jsu to get a foot in the door.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras.