Shovey V Midshires

shovey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, starting a new thread to update my progress with Birmingham Midshires.

They have charged me £2,286.77 as an early redemption fee.

I sent my prelim letter for refund of charges on 16th oct 06.

I recieved a reply on 8th nov 06 saying there fees were ok and there sorry im unhappy.

I sent my LBA on 9th nov 06. Recieved a reply on the 18th nov 06 stating that i agreed when i took out the mortgage and that they cant say what the liquidated costs are as its sensitive information.

Any advice now would be greatly recieved thanks.

S.

Hi

Now issue a claim agains them.

Look here for more info.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions-successes/19501-zoot-halifax-mortgages.html

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

shovey

you can get reduced fees if you are on certain benefits,but you can't do this via the online service,only using hard copy applications.

If you have a friend in England who doesn't mind you using their address as a "care of" in order for papers to be delivered,you should use MCOL as the limit over there is £5000.I have done this a couple of times with no problems.

shovey

you can get reduced fees if you are on certain benefits,but you can't do this via the online service,only using hard copy applications.

If you have a friend in England who doesn't mind you using their address as a "care of" in order for papers to be delivered,you should use MCOL as the limit over there is £5000.I have done this a couple of times with no problems.

Thanks, great i have a sister in London, ill ask her if she doesnt mind me using her address. What happens though if i have to go to court, would i have to go to England, or can it be heard here?

can't see it happening-they paid me £5000,the offer coming the day they were meant to file their defence

Great news! Do i just go ahead and file it online then? Thanks again for your help. S.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

PM a mod to put your details into the appropiate section.

I am ahead of you at the moment with BM. Will update my thread when i know more.

Good luck with your claim

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• 1 month later...

Midshires date to reply was 14th feb. When i checked online they have lodged a notice of dispute. I was reading somwhere that some people are advising not to go to court. Any advice anyone?

Midshires date to reply was 14th feb. When i checked online they have lodged a notice of dispute. I was reading somwhere that some people are advising not to go to court. Any advice anyone?

yes read here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mortgage-companies/62003-important-mortgage-claimants-please.html

Try and negotiate a settlement - or withdraw your claim with a no costs agreement.

Have they used DLA Pipers as the solicitors acting for them or is it still in house?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Hi Shovey,

I'm guessing this is still in house otherwise you would have received the printouts from DLA piper by now.

Try emailing Rachel Hinchcliffe. I'll find her e-mail in moment. She is more open to settlement.

If she mentons anything about advice on CAG regarding withdrawing claims tell her this advice is changing following receipt of the transcipt of one of the losing cases. If she asks why you want to settle you could say that a court case would involve travel and also in recognition that you accept that closing the mortgage would incur some costs and that you are seeking to act reasonably in seeking to facilitate settlement in accordance with your duty under the overriding objectives.

All the best

Zoot

Hi Shovey

Try and give her a call on Monday. I had my cheque this morning via DLA.

She is will listen and is quite pleasant to talk to.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks Biffa

WARNING TO ALL