Pip advice

Piper79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all just looking for a bit of advice I think or info and a bit hopeless

Both my sisters were awarded DLA indefinitely and had been for many years, since the change to PIP 1 sister was told she's absolutely fine and fit and healthy pretty much ( she uses a wheelchair and has various hospital apps with docs) she is far from dancing round the room stage.

Anyway she applied for a MR and she's just had a reply in barely less that a week given postage time and they have flatly refused saying no chance pretty much. (The accessor did a home visit- I gather the reason for this was she was deemed unwell for an office interview. ...and lied on form saying my sister said "yep totally fine healthy as a horse" pretty much).

Anyway point being surely in that timescale they couldn't have properly looked over her points and re-assessed fairly. I have told her to re-send the same letter again and address it to someone else, but she thinks a log will have been kept and not possible.......any thoughts on this, or should she just appeal again? Thanks.

2nd sister sent her MR exactly 3 months ago with no response, is this also a normal time frame?. ( Both sent recorded del)

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Don't forget that they refuse 80% of ALL PIP claims.

You pretty much have to go throught their criminal lethargic appeals process, 'ensure you document ''EVERYTHING'' and I mean absolutely everything.

Keep everything in writing, unless you can record phonecalls?

Get onto your local MP and have them account for the criminal actions of their department, even go to the press, basically kick up as much fuss as you're able!

If you have sigs for the 2nd sis, then don't fret, they are snowed under because the sytem isn't fit for purpose, you need to shout loud, long and clear, embarras the DWP for the utter fools they are.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

DWP have just released information proving that their decision makers have a target of upholding 80% of decisions following mandatory reconsideration, they actually managed to uphold 87% last year. However 63% of appeals are successful at tribunal.

For sister 1, you now need to appeal. If there is a welfare rights organisation in your area, they may be able to help you or possibly CAB though they tend to have quite long waits and the appeal MUST be in on time. If you can't get help, get reading as there's plenty of advice on this and other sites. You can always ask for help here also, but it's better if you at least have some idea of what you're doing first.

For sister 2, get on the phone and ask what's happening with the reconsideration. If they say they didn't get it, send a copy with your proof of delivery and insist they look at it urgently. You do unfortunately have to go through this mostly futile process before appealing.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group