Parking tickets - despite not being parked !!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4488560/Shoppers-trapped-car-park-100-fine-overstaying.html

Shoppers who were trapped in their cars for hours in bank holiday gridlock at retail park are fined £100 for overstaying in the car park

Ashford Retail Park in Kent installed cameras to check drivers stay times in April

But the Easter bank holiday traffic meant some faced queues of two hours to get out of the shopping centre

They were then hit with fines this week for 'overstaying' the three hour slots

One man spent 20 minutes just getting out of his parking space in the car park

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

LowLife Parking strike again. HOOPLA are going to be busy :lol:

No doubt LowLife will "investigate fully" and then say "your representations have been carefully considered and rejected", "the ticket was issued correctly" blah blah heard it all before..

What they won't do is look to see why hundreds of PCN/NTK's have been generated all of a sudden for one day and think, 'hang on a minute, something's wrong here', I mean, God forbid that any common sense will ever be allowed inside Ranger Towers. doh.gif

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

as usual the dailymail calls them fines

and the other stupids call them penalty charge notices...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as usual the dailymail calls them fines

and the other stupids call them penalty charge notices...

One should never expect too much from the Daily Maul. Or its readers. crazy.gif

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

well, DF,

at least the DM is making an issue of this and particularly the way the parking co's abuse civil procedure by issuing claims to the wrong addresses on purpose when people move house.

Just because it is is the DM doesnt mean it isnt true.

Any publicity is good publicity and it does look like the govt will revisit private parking law but I think it will be another curates egg with absolute keeper liability introduced but abuse of court curtailed somewhat.

Consumer law in all other fields advances but when it comes to these chisellers making money with suspect contracts we are going back to the mid 19th century.

I cannot believe that is Capita didnt own the largest parking co any of this would have got much beyond the gutter but as they have local councils and the govt by the sphericals they have their full attention.

IBM used to do this sort of thing when the govt wanted to switch its computer contracts over to Sybase IBM just said that they would no longer guarantee a 24/7 call out if they were passed over for future contracts. The message was clear and IBM continued to get new work when they should have done.

the other thing is more than half the people will pay up anyway without challenging.

I have told this tale before but Kettering General Hospital was the first to introduce payment for hospital parking.

They claimed it was to stop commuters using the car park and walking into town, a distance of at least a mile ( past 3 other car parks).

If people had just simply refused to pay the whole hospital parking charges industry would have just died on the spot but people dont use a collective benefit approach to things, they just pay up and moan afterwards.

Sky TV introduced pay per view for a boxing match and they were bricking it that no-one would pay more for something they had already bought.

As it was there were enough dumb people who did cough up rather than use forward thinking so SKY has continued this money grabbing ever since

Labour are going to put in their manifesto that parking charges are to be scrapped and the hospitals compensated.

Sorry? the hospitals dont get the money and what they do get cannot be spent on front line activities anyway so is the govt going to compensate PE for losing its best earners?

Typical headline grabbing political statement that is rubbish when you actually look in depth at it.