style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi dx

soon as I get time I will do that, a quick question I recently had to buy a new monitor and it has VGA and a HDMI on it, my tower is HDMI supported but not sure if I need these plugged in? They are atm but when I turn the monitor off I have problems with it picking up the computer, I have to switch the switches on and off under the monitor and get the symbols come up with VGA, HDMI and DVD ( think )

The instructions for the monitor do not say anything about if I need these cables, the monitor is an Acer and a big screen, sorry for long post

I will be back later TIA

Sandy xx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hdmi

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

HDMI ?

sorry am not really here right now but will be back shortly

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Not able to get the teamviewer, keeps saying it is corrupted?

Thanks for the help so far

will try again later

Sandy xx

what is corrupted?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

HDMI ?

if yr pc has an hdmi socket re its graphics card/chip, then connect the hdmi monitor via that (hdmi cable). no 'vga' connection as well.

if yr monitor has an 'auto' button on it, then once connected press that. it shld then resolute itself.

IMO

:-):rant:

ps

re glary utils.

personally didnt like it when tried it once, and had to remove it and its remains.

double check you do not have several antivirus progs running at the same time, which will slow things down.

eg win defender/mse, avira, 360.

just use one for now whilst sorting things out.

re your browser going blank.

are you using an ad/script blocker. if so, disable that and try things.

if yr antivirus is set to do an antivirus scan everyday, then that will slow things down.

partic if on its full scan settings.

whilst a pc may be set to update at 4am for eg, it won't if its not on. and will do so when next on. which may slow things down when updating.

also, check the mouse settings.

there is a setting that says something like show pointer whilst typing.

uninstall the mouse in device manager and programs if have additional mouse software installed, switch off/unplug. restart and let the pc reinstall mouse (no further mouse software atm)

just some things to consider trying :).

• Confused 1

IMO

if yr pc has an hdmi socket re its graphics card/chip, then connect the hdmi monitor via that (hdmi cable). no 'vga' connection as well.

if yr monitor has an 'auto' button on it, then once connected press that. it shld then resolute itself.

Ok have removed the VGA cable the monitor does have an auto button on it but you can not press it, I think the monitor may be more suitable for a touch screen computer as not able to do anything with the symbols when they come on the screen.

what is corrupted?

dx

the teamviewer, when I tried to put it on my computer it came up with that

If i were in this situation, i think i would go to the Microsoft site to access the various tools they have to check your system. If you enter your Windows version number, there is a list of tools to check for faults and to fix them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

the buttons are underneath or just below the symbols

you don't touch the screen at all

whats the model number of the monitor..

and they

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id-1656322/windows-mouse-cursor-disappearing.html

How to fix mouse pointer disappearing issue, step-by-step instructions given below should be followed:

Log on to Windows 8 computer with the administrator account.

Click Desktop tile from the Start screen to go the desktop window.

Once on the desktop screen, hover mouse to the bottom right corner.

From the displayed options, click Settings.

From the Settings pane, click Control Panel.

On Control Panel window, click Hardware and Sound category.

On Hardware and Sound window, click Mouse under Devices and Printers category form the right pane.

On the displayed Mouse Properties box, go to Pointer Options tab.

On the selected tab, uncheck Hide pointer while typing checkbox under Visibility section.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Ok have removed the VGA cable the monitor does have an auto button on it but you can not press it, I think the monitor may be more suitable for a touch screen computer as not able to do anything with the symbols when they come on the screen.

you had both vga and hdmi connected from the pc to the monitor! only use one; either vga to vga or hdmi to hdmi. not both at the same time :)

has that now sorted some display things out?

IMO

the buttons are underneath or just below the symbols

you don't touch the screen at all

whats the model number of the monitor..

Acer LCD Monitor, S22OHQL, Computer is a Packard Bell with windows 8

according to the specs it is dvi and vga compatible (not hdmi)?

so, connect it to the pc with dvi (if yr pc has a dvi connection. otherwise connect vga to vga.)

as dx, there shld be a button underneath re 'auto'

IMO

my comp has HDMI ,

my comp has HDMI ,

but, yr monitor doesn't. according to the model number you posted.

maybe yr graphics card/chip has vga, dvi, and hdmi connections?

or are you thinking of hdmi sound?

what is yr computer model number

IMO

it does have HDMI, monitor came with a HDMI cable and a VGA cable

Computer is : Imedia, S2870 only number found atm, still looking

it does have HDMI, monitor came with a HDMI cable and a VGA cable

Computer is : Imedia, S2870 only number found atm, still looking

yes, it appears so then.

strange, the monitor number you posted doesn't say it is hdmi according to acers own specs on it.

anyway, no worries. use the hdmi then.

have things improved since taking out the vga cable and just using the one hdmi?

IMO

comp still slow etc and when I restart it the monitor does not always come on as it should, I tried the buttons but the do not seem to do anything, the instructions you get with it are rubbish lol.

Just checked the box the monitor came in, it says 22 inch, S22OHQL

Last monitor the stand by button would not go off, was flashing orange and no picture

have you tried all the tips that have been posted.

it does seem as if yr pc needs a good maintenance/clear up. eg uninstalling not needed third party software, using only one antivirus and unchecking its daily full scan, resetting certain things, checking settings, etc

but, if you are not pc savvy as you say, then you may need help on it (rather than just going out to buy a new pc as it seems that if you did that then you will still end up with the same/similar probs? you have posted before about the same/similar issues)

IMO

I only have one antivirus but will check my programmes and see what is there that I do not use or need.

I will also see if can change the scan, atm the mouse seems to be behaving

Thanks for all the help so far

I have been doing everything suggested

Sandy xx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bdtqaih6aQ

lots of videos

the buttons are not labelled sadly

but when you hit one

the popup on the screen tells you what to do

[using the button underneath]

and they

get teamviewer running please

and they

I know I'm coming in a little late to this conversation, which out of interest are you using optical mice or more with a ball in them? It might sound like a silly question, but that can be the cause of it. I for one use an optical mouse and every now and again a piece of paper gets stuck in the optical aperture and makes everything go awry.

Can you confirm that this also happens in "safe mode" e.g. when you boot windows without drivers and all of the others "odds and sods" which are loaded when it boots?

This link will show ou how to boot into safe mode in Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10...

http://support.eset.com/kb2268/#W10

Just a fore-warning... When you boot into safe-mode the screen will appear a lot different from what you're used to, so don't panic... It's part of the process. You might also find that there's no sound, or things like the printers or wireless/bluetooth devices won't work. This too is normal... As your mouse (mice) are USB they should work fine.. UNLESS... If you're a bit of a power-user and have a custom system where you've dabbled with things like IRQ's and DMA's.... IF that last sentence went over your head... Then don't worry...

If your find that the mouse behaves as per expected in safe-move, but continues to be a problem in normal mode, then it'll probably be a driver interfering with the mouse... If not, then there's an Haddon which interacts with either the mouse directly or the USB ports.

Out of interest, would you happen to know if you have USB2 or USB3 ports? (if both, they're usually told apart by being different in colour if you look at them).. usually red and yellow or purple and yellow. Mice get cranky in USB3 ports.

Another thing I thought of was does this happen with a bluetooth mouse too? You can get them for a £5er from wilko's. Fine, it won't be the best quality mouse, but ti'll be a good indicator as to where the problem is (or isn't)