Blemain Finance reclaiming **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2458 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To GE paying them off

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

your ppi is not complete is it?

18/nov 2004 - how did the loan get paid off? [redemption figure]

you leave the claim to date alone! [it should have a formula in there =()TODAY.]

as for the charges 2007 - forward yes

[there are none on loan 1]

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

why are you doing that?

and they

right so you'd typed that date in and crashed to formula...

I got the brackets wrong..

should be

=today()

dx

and they

good at last they look right...

for the ppi you need to fill out an fos cq

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

and send that along with the spread to them.

and a cover letter like:

The Complaints Department

[Lender’s address]

[Date]

Dear Sir/Madam,

Ref – policy number

I believe I have been mis-sold a payment protection insurance policy and would like to request a full refund of my premiums, plus interest paid.

I took out a £xxx loan/credit card at your [branch name] branch on [date] and also bought a payment protection policy which would cost me an extra £xxx over the life of the loan. [The name of the salesperson who sold me the policy is …] The total amount of my premiums plus interest is £ xxxx.

When I took out the loan, I was told that my application would be refused if I did not also buy a PPI policy. The Financial Services Authority’s advice to consumers is that, while it does not breach FSA guidelines, a borrower should not be refused a loan if they choose not to buy an insurance policy.

Possible additional paragraphs – include any which apply to you

[i also told your salesperson that I had adequate insurance cover through a separate income protection policy.]

[i said I did not need the PPI as my employer provides a generous illness and redundancy package.]

[You are not allowed to make PPI a condition of taking out the loan unless you include the costs of PPI in the quoted interest rate, which you did not do.]

[in forcing me to buy this policy, you have also breached paragraph 8.6 of the Banking Code, to which you are a signatory.]

I do not believe being forced to buy this policy as part of the loan was a fair and reasonable obligation as I did not need this insurance and said at the time of taking the loan that I did not want it.

I am requesting a full refund of all my insurance payments, plus interest, which total [£ xxx].

If I do not receive a favourable response from you I will pursue this claim through the Financial Ombudsman.

Yours faithfully,

or

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/bills/article-1606652/LETTER-TEMPLATE-Mis-sold-PPI.html

or

Dear Sir or Madam,

Re:

I am writing in relation to the above payment protection (PPI) policy which i believe was mis-sold to me in relation to my

I believe you have not treated me fairly for the following reasons;

· The PPI was added without my knowledge..

· You have been punished by the Financial Conduct Authority for failing to treat customers fairly and I do not believe that the PPI I bought was sold in my best interest.

Unless you can prove that the policy was fair and reasonable and that I was treated fairly when I was sold the insurance, I demand a full refund of all premiums, and subsequent interest on these payments, that I have paid in relation to this policy. I also expect 8% interest to be added to each payment I have made as this is the statutory amount a court would pay.

I look forward to your full and prompt response to this letter. If this matter is not settled within eight weeks of this letter I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.

This letter is in respect of the above account that was issued by

Yours faithfully

you get the idea........

as for the charges

theres a charges reclaim letter in the mortgage section of our library.

and they

I will use the second template and modify it. Once I fill in the questionnaire do I send that with the cover letter and spreadsheet to Blemain Finance or do i send the questionnaire to the Financial Ombudsman?

I will have a look through the mortgage section for the letter, I've looked in the library and can't see any templates or examples and I have looked through the posts and few people talk about the templates but I can't see any for reclaiming charges.

read the link properly..it's nothing to do with the FOS at this stage.

charges letter is in the mortgage section of our library templates

and they

I see it now. Would I be best deleting the parts about Regulation 5 of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contract regulations and the statement by the Office of Fair Trading since the wording is about mortgages? Do I send both spreadsheets and cover letters together to Blemain or separately?

secured loans and mortgage for reclaim are treated as same.

you have 2 sep claims

keep them that way

dxz

and they

dave go start a new thread

of your own please

dx

and they

When writing the PPI letter,

at the very end where it says 'the account that was issued by'

do I put Blemain Finance or the name of the person that created the account?

There is only name I can find and that is on the quotation sheet and the person that prepared the quotation.

I've put the account number on both letters but should I also include my Dad's previous address on the letter just like I did with the SAR?

And should I staple the spreadsheets to the letters?

And where the spreadsheet says Monthly Payment of PPI do I change that to something else?

Especially for charges to something like Total Charges Amount? And with the charges is the amount I put on the letter the one with or without the 8% interest?

When writing the PPI letter,

at the very end where it says 'the account that was issued by'

do I put Blemain Finance or the name of the person that created the account? original creditor

There is only name I can find and that is on the quotation sheet and the person that prepared the quotation.

I've put the account number on both letters but should I also include my Dad's previous address on the letter just like I did with the SAR? no as they already know its changed by the sar.

And should I staple the spreadsheets to the letters? yes.

And where the spreadsheet says Monthly Payment of PPI do I change that to something else? obviously if its for penalty charges.

Especially for charges to something like Total Charges Amount?

no just rename the charges statint sheet to read penalty charges not ppi.

and they

There's a photocopy of a Loans.co.uk application form and then copies of the credit agreement stating Blemain Finance Limited, Loans.co.uk must have been their website at that time in 2002. And with the charges letter, do I include the total with the 8% or the total without it? I'll get these posted today recorded delivery.

and now you tell us you used a broker!!

..loans.co.uk lots of threads here on them already

they'll be the ones that levied the PPI I bet

and took a secret commission to too their back pocket

bet BF will now fob you off and say not us mate!

the charges letter should indicate the amount you are asking for.

and they

well if you read a few other threads etc

p'haps you'd not be confused so much.

we seem to be nurse maiding you upon what to even think sometimes.

fire it off

see what happens..

and they

I am only learning all this for the first time. I've never dealt with any of these companies before. So I delete the interest sections of the charges sheet and just leave it as a total of all the charges? I will leave the PPI for now incase that affects the charges claim.

I've sent the charges first class recorded so they have to sign for it.

With the 8% interest it works out at just under £3000,

the offer was just over £500,

my Dad would be happy with just getting that but when he's been reading everything and seeing how everything works and re-reading what he paid all those years ago he's wanting to keep pushing.

I want to push for him. I

don't want him settling for the £500 if he can get everything back with 8% interest.

The problem is I know nothing about any of this and I'm only trying to learn what I can and try my best to understand it because out of all the cases I've read every one is a little bit different.

You couldn't read multiple threads on here or anywhere and get the answer you want,

I even rewrote much of the template letter,

there is very little cut and paste that anyone could do.

I didn't know about the Loans.co.uk because I assumed that this was another front for Blemain Finance.

I don't know which thread I had seen it in but before that paperwork even arrived I was reading threads and someone mentioned that Blemain Finance handn't always used the name Blemain Finance, they have other names listed at their address and I thought Loans.co.uk was just another name for them and it is literally a few pages, other than that I haven't seen any mention of Loans.co.uk on anything.

The sheet that has the quotations and amounts and all the PPI stuff are all listed and signed by Blemain Finance after the Loans.co.uk application form.

And if it hadn't been for them sending the letter themselves offering the £500 we would never have even known about it so where did that £500 come from? They don't list what it all is and what each charge they are refunding.

They say fees and charges, so no mention of PPI.

The total comes to just under £300 and with the 8% compensatory per annum on interest for the months passed which is just over £200 giving the £500.

if they are correct in what they say and it really is just fees and charges well what they owe is a lot more than £500 and I think if they refunded all those charges with the 8% compensatory interest my Dad would be very happy.

As far as Loans.co.uk and the £15,000 to pay off GE Money, I don't know about that just now.

I'm just trying to do one thing at a time.

I would like to look into both of them and see what is going on but it's a lot for me to take in and I don't fully understand everything myself and most other people doing this kind of thing are doing it for something they themselves are experiencing,

I'm going back a lot of years to somethings my parent's got and my Dad doesn't remember every little detail so a lot of stuff in the paperwork doesn't always make sense to us.

For my Dad's sake

I would like to get everything he is owed back to him,

I would love for him to get every penny back but it's not just a case of me going on the internet and magically making it all happen,

I have to understand what it is I'm doing so that I don't make any mistakes when I'm sending letters and make sure everything I'm sending is correct, that's why I ask a lot of questions.

When I read what most other people are doing, they are talking about themselves, they know all the stuff they signed or what meetings they had and when and who with, all I've got is a lot of paperwork and that's all I have to go on. I don't know what a lot of terms mean or words mean or what makes one thing different from the rest.

No one person's case is the same as someone else but I'm learning by reading other people's threads and how they got success and trying to apply it to this one but clearly I've still made mistakes.

• 2 weeks later...

And refuse it

and they