Santander / Charges / Waiting to complete / Litigation / Eversheds / Litigation fees

alib42
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, you will have to affix a copy of the probate documents - I will refer to that in the statement. Under his name on the form write your name and in brackets "awarded probate".

How long is left on the mortgage?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, affixed is the statement to go with the N244 - you need to fill in the information where there are XXX's at the top of the statement (the information will be on the eviction warrant) - read it through carefully to make sure all the info is correct and to fill in the name where there are other XXX's in the statement. When you print it out the printer needs to be set for A4 paper (not Letter size) so it all fits on one page. Photocopy the probate documents and then write the claim number on the top left hand corner of the copy and Appendix 1 on the top right hand corner- do the same on the Budget sheet except it will be Appendix 2.

Now assemble as follows:

N244 completed.

Statement – signed

Appendix 1 – Copy of Probate document

Appendix 2 - Budget sheet

This forms the pack to take to court. Make sure it is stapled securely together. Before handing in to court take a copy of it all for yourself to refer to in the hearing. When you hand it in to the court you will need to pay a fee of £40 and it will have to be in cash (take the eviction warrant with you). They should be able to give you a date for the hearing while you are there – also ask them if they have any duty legal reps who will be there on the day of your hearing – if you approach them about your case when you get there on the day they can accompany you into the hearing and speak on your behalf.

alib42 N244 Statement Aug 12.doc

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Ok that is just fantastic, do you think they have a good chance of getting me out??

And what if it is the judge from last time, and he see's the previous judgement he made.

Do you think sufficient time has passed and likewise in arrears being paid??

Edited by alib42
Ell-enn Thank you so much for being so thorough and going through everything with me, Just donated. This site is ace.

I think you have a very good chance of stopping the eviction - the judge will see that you have reduced the arrears and can afford the payments going forward.

Thanks Ell-enn

No way could I have wrote that, just hope it works. Have made a small (sorry) donation to site as a thank you. Just sorry it couldnt be more

I was late, with some payments. But always paid as soon as I could, so I did break the terms of that order should there be something about that in the statement

Thank you for the donation, we appreciate every amount no matter how small :)

I was late, with some payments. But always paid as soon as I could, so I did break the terms of that order should there be something about that in the statement

No, the fact is you have reduced the arrears since the last order and the account is up to date - no need to draw attention to anything negative.

When you take the form to the court make sure you ask if there will be any duty legal advisors there on the day of your hearing.

Let us know what date the hearing is.

Given the hundreds (if not thousands) of cases that will have passed before that judge in almost 3 years I doubt very much if he will remember you.

As Ell-enn has said "ask if there will be any duty legal advisors there on the day of your hearing." They may be able to help you out.

It is also wise to arrive in good time and make yourself known to the court usher when you get there.

You may get a brand new judge who is much more reasonable than their solicitors.

As Ell-enn has said "ask if there will be any duty legal advisors there on the day of your hearing." They may be able to help you out.

It is also wise to arrive in good time and make yourself known to the court usher when you get there.

You may get a brand new judge who is much more reasonable than their solicitors.

Yes will definetely ask for a duty solicitor

Hearing is at 10.00am Friday.

Nearly didnt get it though. As I had to go into work and finish early. Under the assumption they closed at 4.00. Arrived at 2.00 to find them bleedin closed. They close at 1.00 everyday through school hols. I mean wth.

I was like what the hell do I do now, Trailed all the way here I had yesterday afternoon off work - to try citizens advice - waste of space. If it wasnt for Ell-enn, I wouldnt have had a statement to file.

This afternoon I took off to go file, was really starting to panic. Thinking my boss would go mad if I took tomorrow morning off as well.

Security on the door just looked at me as if to say tough luck.

I was in absolute shock they where closed. Took me all my time not to chuck a hiissy fit lol.

Anyway with both security shrugging there shoulders at me, I went and rang the bell and lo and behold this really nice guy opened the shutter. He took one look at my forms and said its ok, when is your eviction we can deal with emergency's. And duely got me a time and day.

Can you imagine if I had listened to them Guards, I would of just walked out. Which could of put my Hearing day in jeopardy of it being on Eviction day, and made my boss NOT happy.

Anyway fingers crossed

Thank goodness you rang the bell !

ha ha, think I will be consuming a vat of wine between now and then. Not helping trying to give up smoking lol

Also forgot to say, asked for Duty Solicitor, but was told there would be no-one there :(

There may be someone from a housing charity - I know one or two courts who no longer have duty legal advisors have housing charity reps instead.

Stay positive, it'll be OK :)

Excellent news! Well done :)

Look forward to your update later