UC - budgeting advance

flynnsmum123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey, just a quick question really.

I previously had a short term benefit advance and a budgeting advance, I called this morning to see if it was possible to apply again for what I have paid back and was told I can't apply until the full amount is paid off. (Confused with that as I had a budgeting advance after the benefit advance) anyway, I digress.

I am just wondering if anyone knows of any help out there as an alternative. Can't apply to the welfare fund as they helped me 3 times previously when my benefits were cut before I switched to UC

Thanks in advance for reading the thread and of any answers

Hey,

I am wondering if you live in Scotland?

The majority of the schemes south of the border have evaporated since central government cut the money it gives to local government!

Make enquiries with your own local authority about what schemes they have in place. They are often governed at a local level, so I am reluctant to offer advice about any specific scheme.

The utility companies - I don't know which ones you are with - generally have a hardship fund. Some entertain applications from non-customers whilst some only entertain applications from their own customers.